Windows 10: After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

Discus and support After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC is about seven years old and was not compatible with Win 11 for an upgrade. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, memory, and M.2 drive and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Kramer1, Jun 28, 2022.

1. After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

My PC is about seven years old and was not compatible with Win 11 for an upgrade. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, memory, and M.2 drive and now hardware has passed the app that is used to check if Win 11 can be installed.I re-installed win 10 by creating a bootable ISO drive with Win 10 from Microsoft download on Microsoft site. All went well except I could not get it to recognize my software as legitimate. Gives me a message to activate window. I input my original Windows product key but it never makes a difference.Went to my Microsoft account and deleted my original configuration so that j

:)

James Kramer1, Jun 28, 2022
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 28, 2022
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 28, 2022
  4. After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

1. After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate. - Similar Threads - installing motherboard recognizing

2. After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing new motherboard, PC is not recognizing my copy of windows as legitimate.: My PC is about seven years old and was not compatible with Win 11 for an upgrade. I replaced the motherboard, CPU, memory, and M.2 drive and now hardware has passed the app that is used to check if Win 11 can be installed.I re-installed win 10 by creating a bootable ISO drive...
  3. Windows Actiavtion After Installing a New Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Actiavtion After Installing a New Motherboard: Hello,I have been having issues with my new motherboard and processor, as prior to installing them I made sure that I was using a retail version of Windows 10 and it was tied to my account. First, I went into the Activation settings in Home, and ran the troubleshooter, to...
  4. PC High Latency Issues after installing new motherboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC High Latency Issues after installing new motherboard: I recently upgraded my MSI B450 Tomahawk to a ASRock B550 Steel Legend, my previous hardware worked completely fine until I installed my hardware into the B550, I updated BIOS and installed all of the necessary downloads from the manufacturer website but my pc still has...
  5. My windows doesn't recognize my pc after the install of new hardware.

My windows doesn't recognize my pc after the install of new hardware.: I've tried to activate windows through troubleshooting and picking the right device's license there but it ends up showing this [ATTACH][ATTACH] to clarify I upgraded my cpu motherboard and ram, I haven't found anything to help me online as of now....
  6. Windows not recognizing after new motherboard install.

Windows not recognizing after new motherboard install.: I've just installed a few new parts into my pc, as soon as i loaded it back up i got an error stating Windows found no product key (0xc004f213) I brought the computer online around 5 years ago and never had this problem. To begin with i was running Windows 8 and upgraded...
  7. Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard

Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard: After a BIOS update, our computer is no longer usable. It turns on to a black screen and stays that way. We've been in touch with the manufacturer who sent out the update, but not having any success fixing it. A "Geek Squad" person, told us we would most likely need to...
  8. Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed

Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed: My old motherboard was broken so I had to replace it. I know that windows considers this a "new computer", but is there a way to transfer the license even though I could not deactivate my license on my old mobo....
  9. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new...
  10. My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.: As the title says I installed a new motherboard since my old one had died. Since then, windows has deactivated. My computer was on windows 7 before moving to Windows 10 during the free Windows 10 event. I have tried updating the product key as shown on the side of my case,...