Windows 10: After installing programs, unable to execute.

Discus and support After installing programs, unable to execute. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last patch set Installed last week, if I install a program, Duplicate Cleaner Pro, for example, I am unable to execute the program if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JKHMSID239, Mar 23, 2020.

1. After installing programs, unable to execute.

Since the last patch set Installed last week, if I install a program, Duplicate Cleaner Pro, for example, I am unable to execute the program if it installs to the default location under WindowsApps. I get an error re: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I can uninstall and reinstall the same program, no change in result. If I install a program to a different NON-OS directory, I can execute it fine.

Win 10 Home. Version 1909. OS build 18363.720

:)

JKHMSID239, Mar 23, 2020

2. Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Unable to install programs

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, is the issue specific to a particular program?

In order to identify if this a compatibility related issue, I suggest you to try installing the program in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 23, 2020
  4. After installing programs, unable to execute.

Unable to view installed updates under Programs and Features, says: Searching for programs

Hi Lanneau,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if you have installed any programs after upgrade to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below and check if helps.

Steps:

• Right click on Start button from desktop and select
      Programs and Features
    • Click on View installed updates to find if any installed.
    • If there are no programs installed then you will see: No programs are installed on this computer in the window.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

After installing programs, unable to execute.

1. After installing programs, unable to execute. - Similar Threads - installing programs unable

2. unABLE TO install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unABLE TO install program: Hello,I am trying to install turbo tax to my laptop but get a message that Activation failed. I've already tried turning off all options off of the reputation-based protection settings but its not working. Help please!...
  3. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install Programs: I tried installing program but each one told me that it was unable to 'create temp folder.' I turned off Windows virus detection but it didn't help. At first I thought it was just the one program but after trying the second one the same thing occured. Any ideas? James...
  4. Installers install automatically after opening the executable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installers install automatically after opening the executable: I ran into a weird problem where when i run an installer for an app, it just installs in the background. No window pops up where i need to read TOS or anything. No smartscreen either. You can see how i find this as a big problem. I can accidentally open an installer for...
  5. Ports & Program execution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ports & Program execution: I am a prescriber of Window 10. I have faced a problem in the execution. The program always informs me that a connection error has occurred gets suspendid, and the program repeats and tries to re-connect again, but with no success ...So, I want to know: 1-How to identify port...
  6. executable pdf program

in Windows 10 Customization
    executable pdf program: Is there a program that I can launch, and allow me to open one pdf file, out of several? The program I create so to speak will have an icon or button that executes a program that will open and see several pdf files. I can open one of these files. A different pdf file can...
  7. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Programs: Hi everyone, so I've been having this problem for a while now where I try to install a program, in this case GeForce Experience, and I get an error message stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter...
  8. Programs execution issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs execution issue: Hi , i'm facing this since yestereday ...im unable to run any kind of programs unless i run them with admin rights , so the following error keeps displaying whenever i run an .exe file : [ATTACH] This message includes ALL programs , i request your help...
  9. unable to restart an installed program a program after exit of the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to restart an installed program a program after exit of the PC: After downloading (an official program from Tangent) I installed this program and everything works fine. After exit (closing the PC) this program seems removed . I must reinstall the program before I can work with the program again. Can anyone help me to solve this problem...
  10. unable to install programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install programs: For some reason with the new windows 10 update, I cannot install programs anymore, that is making use of the Windows Restore option. I have System restore disabled through this: How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10 Since I need that for Rollback. But now that...