Windows 10: After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is...

Discus and support After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title said, every time when trying to use the laptop, you will find you may need to wait for quite a long time longer than 1 minute and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wzis, May 29, 2023.

1. wzis Win User

After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is...

As the title said, every time when trying to use the laptop, you will find you may need to wait for quite a long time longer than 1 minute and then find it has been rebooted. Another issue is with the wifi, now after using the internet for a while, wifi connection will lose internet service I can confirm it's not the wifi access point issue as I have another laptop that doesn't have this kind of issue, and also before the KB5026446, this laptop was also working fine.

:)

2. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 29, 2023
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, May 29, 2023
  4. Ruz San Win User

After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is...

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is... - Similar Threads - installing KB5026446 got

2. After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing the KB5026446, got 2 problems: 1. closing lid for a while, the machine is...: As the title said, every time when trying to use the laptop, you will find you may need to wait for quite a long time longer than 1 minute and then find it has been rebooted. Another issue is with the wifi, now after using the internet for a while, wifi connection will lose...
  3. Computer while shutfown after 5 minutes after closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer while shutfown after 5 minutes after closing lid: When I close my laptop lids, the computer will shutdown after 5 minutes why this happen? It was just go to sleep before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-while-shutfown-after-5-minutes-after/f2432e0d-2503-4bb3-8d41-71e9236c4e04
  4. Computer while shutfown after 5 minutes after closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer while shutfown after 5 minutes after closing lid: When I close my laptop lids, the computer will shutdown after 5 minutes why this happen? It was just go to sleep before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-while-shutfown-after-5-minutes-after/f2432e0d-2503-4bb3-8d41-71e9236c4e04
  5. Computer while shutfown after 5 minutes after closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Keep monitor on while laptop lid is closed.

Keep monitor on while laptop lid is closed.: Hello I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop connected to an HP monitor through HDMI to Vga connecting cable. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop the duplicated display on the monitor vanishes. I have tried the option mentioned below. But still, I am facing the same problem....
  7. Close a lid

Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  8. Got problem while installing a python after uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got problem while installing a python after uninstall: [22C4:1F88][2020-08-20T14:48:32]i323: Registering package dependency provider: {6FF3D3E8-6953-4723-B5E1-3A19416F6350}, version: 3.8.5150.0, package: test_JustForMe [22C4:1F88][2020-08-20T14:48:32]i325: Registering dependency: {de694e50-e0d0-48a5-9a7a-56fd037154e2} on package...
  9. Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed: I have an external display hooked up to my work laptop, and after 2 minutes of inactivity, the laptop goes to sleep whether on battery or plugged in. I've checked the battery and power settings, and they are all set to 30m to turn off display and 1 hour to sleep for battery...
  10. laptop detecting movement while lid is closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop detecting movement while lid is closed: My Hp 15n-204tx is almost five years old. And since the date, I have noticed that when my laptop lid is closed and if I hold it vertically, it stops playing music and HDD indicator also turning red (task pause) from white (normal). But when lid is open, its all fine no...