Windows 10: After installing update, system crashes

Discus and support After installing update, system crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After the latest update got installed in my windows 10 system, my pc is having lots of problems. It takes a long time to start, long time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonMay, Mar 15, 2019.

1. JasonMay Win User

After installing update, system crashes

Hi, After the latest update got installed in my windows 10 system, my pc is having lots of problems. It takes a long time to start, long time to restart and long time to shutdown. If I hibernate and start Or if I resume it from standby, it results in a blue screen DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE. Luckily I had a backup taken on August last year and was able to restore it from that. It again download the updates and same behavior repeated. Now again I have restored from backup but now I am not sure what to do as it will again download the update and repeat it. Please help.

:)

JasonMay, Mar 15, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Help! New system keeps crashing

It's runing through them now. It's a step forward, as the problem was the system crashing as soon as I pressed the key to boot from the disk, it crashed before I even got to install it. When it's done, I'll burn another copy, see if that works.

Ben Clarke, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Threeflow Win User

Help! New system keeps crashing

Ask this guy if he can help ->>

Threeflow, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. After installing update, system crashes - Similar Threads - installing update system

2. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  3. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  4. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unstable GPU and system crashes after latest update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unstable GPU and system crashes after latest update.: Hi, I have an Nvidia GTX780 which started acting weird after last major update, started with getting some system crashes while in game then getting artefacts and crashes on the desktop too. I was getting error code 43 which is when windows shuts down hardware even though...
  6. System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update: My laptop model is HP 17-by0xxx. I have tried to install the OS windows 10, version 2004 yesterdayMy earlier running one being version 1909. I couldn't find the update from windows update setting in my pc, so I tried to do it by force update using windows update assistant. It...
  7. Hard Drive Crashed after update installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard Drive Crashed after update installed: I had to do a fresh install after my hard drive crashed due to a pushed Windows 10 update. I tried EVERYTHING before doing a clean install, I had no other options. 1. So after installing & being devastated I lost my files, I logged into my Microsoft account but my desktop...
  8. System settings crash after update to version 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings crash after update to version 1903: Attempting to open the systems settings on Windows 10 Pro causes them to crash immediately. I can't change things like monitor settings or night light. Going through...
  9. System crashed after running updates

System crashed after running updates: Split from this thread. Hello, I'm Stacey and I need so much help, please... I have two different laptops that my husband and I got and when we ran updates on both pc's they crashed. The MSI Laptop is stuck in windows update adding files reboot and my ASUS is stuck in...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Updates Install AFTER system crash

Windows 10 Automatic Updates Install AFTER system crash: I need a way to completely DISABLE the installation of updates after a system crash. Every time My server crashes My business losses thousands of dollars and this NEEDS TO STOP. I've tried disabling automatic updates but every time I don't install them (or the system doesn't...