Windows 10: after installing w10 clean install and updating wifi only onboard then updating w10 to 20h2...

Discus and support after installing w10 clean install and updating wifi only onboard then updating w10 to 20h2... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i posted a new topic with the same question as i couldnt reply to DaveM12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanP2, Dec 16, 2020.

1. SeanP2 Win User

after installing w10 clean install and updating wifi only onboard then updating w10 to 20h2...

i posted a new topic with the same question as i couldnt reply to DaveM12

:)

SeanP2, Dec 16, 2020

2. In Regards To W10 Forced/Free Update

If you are faced with a computer that shipped with W8 downgraded to W7 in which the HDD was pulled and destroyed. Is there a definitive way to determine through the BIOS if W10 was attained through a forced or free update from the original OS?

My understanding is the embedded OEM license would not have changed and should be viewable in BIOS. Short of installing the Home for Home or Pro for Pro version of W10 I'm quite acutely curious how else you would be able to know.

Thanks for any insight here.

Edited to remove OEM computer. The computer is a HP desktop.

nomdeplume, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Whitestar Win User
    Latest W10 update reset my GPU drivers?

I checked when I got home. It actually installed the same driver I already had, i.e. 391.35. And removed my settings. *Wtf :wtf:

I installed the new driver (397.64) myself, but is there any way to avoid this for every W10 update that is released? Pretty annoying.

Whitestar, Dec 16, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

after installing w10 clean install and updating wifi only onboard then updating w10 to 20h2...

Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. after installing w10 clean install and updating wifi only onboard then updating w10 to 20h2... - Similar Threads - installing w10 clean

2. Can't login into W10 after installing update...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login into W10 after installing update...: Hi - am helping my son to post this issue. Wonder anyone can lend a helping hand on this?As a result, he was given a sub user access into the system with no access to his files....
  3. Can't login into W10 after installing update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login into W10 after installing update...: Hi - am helping my son to post this issue. Wonder anyone can lend a helping hand on this?As a result, he was given a sub user access into the system with no access to his files....
  4. Can't login into W10 after installing update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. installing W10 shortly after clean instal of W8.1 (no drivers/updates)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing W10 shortly after clean instal of W8.1 (no drivers/updates): Hi, in the past 4 years I've been running a laptop from msi with preinstalled win8.1 (its an msi GT72-2QD with GTX 970M and i7-5700HQ, UEFI-BIOS). Today i decided to make a clean instal of Win8.1 using an ISO from eightforums.com (TechBench by WZT): Windows 8 and Windows...
  6. Clean install W10 20H2 showed up sfc errors?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clean install W10 20H2 showed up sfc errors?: Probably not the best time of year to be posting, so I'll keep it short*Wink Is it possible to carry out a clean install of W10 (ver. 20H2) on a PC and run SFC without it finding faults to fix / repair? I have tried doing so twice now, but have not been successful. The first...
  7. Urgent W10 20H2 update

Urgent W10 20H2 update: Hi, I have a serious issue with my PC which I hoped to solve by updating to 20H2 since it's kind of a bigger update and not just a patch update before proceeding with more invasive and complicated methods; updating is also proposed as a solution in many microsoft community...
  8. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  9. Clean install w10 from w8

Clean install w10 from w8: Hi guys, I'm stuck at a point where I cant go back nor proceed further, please assist me.. My scenario is i tried clean installation of w10 but as my partition is in GPT format it is not accepting, what I did as a mistake is I formatted the drive having w8, now my pc isnt...
  10. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...