Windows 10: After installing Windows 10 20H2 wake up doesn't work like it should.

Discus and support After installing Windows 10 20H2 wake up doesn't work like it should. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows 10 to 20H2 and have horrible experience with pc going to sleep and waking up. Basically when I goes to sleep and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lukx, Jan 18, 2021.

1. lukx Win User

After installing Windows 10 20H2 wake up doesn't work like it should.

I recently updated Windows 10 to 20H2 and have horrible experience with pc going to sleep and waking up.

Basically when I goes to sleep and I want to wake it up with mouse movement or keyboard it does weak up fans spin, cpu starts working but monitors doesn't turn on and it hangs like that for some time and sometimes it just resets itself totally so goes though bios loading and windows loading. But very often I have to hit reset button myself to reset it.

I'm have Threadripper 3970X Asus Zenith Extreme II no overclocking.

What's going on?

:)

2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

After installing Windows 10 20H2 wake up doesn't work like it should. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jan 18, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

After installing Windows 10 20H2 wake up doesn't work like it should. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. After installing Windows 10 20H2 wake up doesn't work like it should. - Similar Threads - installing 20H2 wake

2. After windows11 22H2 Update , Windows Hello doesn't not work after first waking up from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows11 22H2 Update , Windows Hello doesn't not work after first waking up from...: I have a problem in my laptop DELL vostro 5510 ,i7-11390H . Windows Hello doesn't work after first waking up from shutdown, after 22H2 Update?previously it was on Windows 11 21H1 and even windows 10 , Windows Hello worked nicely without any problems. after updating to 22H2I...
  3. Windows 10 Computer doesn't wake correctly up after sleep suspend

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Computer doesn't wake correctly up after sleep suspend: Hi everyone,I hope someone can help me with this as I'm running out of ways to troubleshoot this issue.I have a new PC custom build with an MSI Z590-A PRO board, 32GB 2x16 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 3600MHz, Core i7 11700K water-cooled, and an MSI Suprim X 3080 RTX graphics...
  4. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  5. Should I install the Windows 10 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install the Windows 10 20H2 update?: I searched this subreddit and other forums around the internet and people seeming to be going back and forth about this matter. My specs are: Dell G5 5590 Intel Core i7 9750H RTX 2060 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD This is my config. Would I face any problems with this hardware by...
  6. Should I install the 20H2 update?

Should I install the 20H2 update?: [ATTACH] Should i download and install or wait for some time? submitted by /u/dark-angel007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj17wk/should_i_install_the_20h2_update/
  7. Keyboard doesn't work after waking up after windows 2004 update

Keyboard doesn't work after waking up after windows 2004 update: Hello, I have Asus Zenbook 14 UM433i - two days ago I've updated to windows 2004. Now, when my laptop goes to sleep and I wake it up, the keyboard is not responding. Any option that I should switch or something so prevent it from happening? Or just rollback? submitted by...
  8. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep: Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to resume mouse connectivity when either waking from sleep, or a quick startup. A full restart will restore mouse activity, but if...
  9. Monitor doesn't wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...
  10. My Windows 10 laptop after suspend mode doesn't wake up

My Windows 10 laptop after suspend mode doesn't wake up: I have tried to update/remove/modify the video graphics driver and that didn't work nor changing the energy plans did any good. So is there a fix that someone knows it definitely works? 43475