Windows 10: After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

Discus and support After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 fine on a computer that had Windows 7, clean install on a brand new hard drive. After the clean install, I made sure drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Allidoisace, Jun 22, 2016.

1. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

I installed Windows 10 fine on a computer that had Windows 7, clean install on a brand new hard drive. After the clean install, I made sure drivers were up to date and what not. Everything works great, except the computer freezes at some point while on any browser. At first I thought it was a browser problem with chrome, but then it happened on Microsoft Edge browser. I was hoping the community here maybe had an idea on what to do.

:)

Allidoisace, Jun 22, 2016

2. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times on Any Browser

Try Data Lifeguard Windows scan from Software DL tab at
    Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 22, 2016
  3. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times on Any Browser

Also currently stuck on 10% for chkdsk......... the dots are still circling and the hard drive light is on.

Allidoisace, Jun 22, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  5. Specs have now been filled out. Sorry about that!

Allidoisace, Jun 23, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Thanks! Did you install the ASRock drivers for all the components? In many cases I have found that the drivers that W10 chooses are often fine. This is particularly so for the Intel Management Driver. You could try rolling back the driver and see if it makes a difference.

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  7. Yes, I believe I installed all the drivers. How can I check to make sure I got everything?

8. philc43 Win User

Device Manager is the way (right click on your start icon). You can check the date and version of all the drivers for the various components. Double click each item to open the properties page and look in the driver tab.

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  9. Going through the Device Manager the first time, I just updated the ones that had little cautions by them which was only 1. However, now I am going through every single one and clicking update just in case.

So far it has updated:
    Intel B85M LPC Controller
    Processor DRam Controller
    PCI Express Port #1
    PCI Express Root Port #4

10. philc43 Win User
    The ASRock drivers provided for your motherboard are listed here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B85M/...nload&os=Win10

Did you install any of these?

It is not necessary to check everything in device manager but I would concentrate on the graphics and audio drivers.

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  11. I think only the Intel Management Engine driver because that was one of the ones that had a caution sign on it right after I installed Windows 10.

12. philc43 Win User
    Try the ASRock provided VGA driver and see if that makes any difference

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  13. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

Okay I will try that out.

14. KOSKIMO Win User
    Hi Friends Word wide.

Some comments on my problem CPU running suddenly 100% In 3 LAPTOPS!?

I have 3 laptops, all running Win 10. No big problems this far.
    Suddenly it happened! All 3 laptops stopped normal working, but went to a state where CPU was running in the background 100%! What could I do - nothing! (RAM usage was 'normal some 50%).

* I have installed * Antivir Pro, 'Windows protect of cource', SkyHunter and 'others'.
    * Of course I did run all those 'malware/virus checks' - hopeless!
    * Then I thought that I had not tried Kaspersky (I was once a client, but left it 'for some reason I don't remember'
    * Ok - downloaded Kaspersky's free KVRT and run it-----
    -on my main laptop it took 1 day + 3 hours to do the test, it found 29 threads, BUT
    - during the last seconds my main laptop booted suddenly by it self!!!??
    - I was of coerce shocked - 'almost 2 days spent for 'nothing'?!

- I relaxed, kept the laptop quiet for half an hours, and
    - new boot! Almost ' nothing happened' first - after a wait -come
    On screen (CMD 'Dos') display: - cleanup started-----?????
    What is this???

BUT!!! After some 20 minutes there was a message:
    Just boot, your PC is ok, 'go on, use it'!

Absolutely fantastic remedy! All 'huge problems gone'!

? Why did those 'famous'¨'Antivir' SW find, 'nothing/anyting', if free Kaspersky
    found 29 and cured them all!!!? And put the pc in working!"
    Please do not even ask if I'm a Kaspersky customer again!

Very best regards

Erkki

Helsinki Finland

p.s. I think I' not a newcomer in PC's etc. 'just some 50 + years experience!
    and daily almost 7/24 practice, but this was really something I faced the first time =
    'a 'virus etc.' hitting 3 separate laptops the same time! (All 3 are on my internal 4G 'homegroup'.

My final message being, If I used 3 famous 'virus-/malware' SW to solve my really severe problem, and they ALL gave negative results:
    - is there some better protection available?

erkki

KOSKIMO, Jun 23, 2016
  15. Can you please make your own post and not post on my thread.........

I went to install the VGA driver but it said, you are about to install drivers that were older than the ones already installed. Should I do this?

Thema:

1. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times - Similar Threads - Installing Freezes Random

2. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,: Hi, so basically everytime i play a game on windows 10 the whole thing freezes after a random amount of time but i still manage to hear the sound normally while i cannot do anything else.What have i tried so far:-installed all windows 10 updates-updated and checked all my...
  3. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,: Hi, so basically everytime i play a game on windows 10 the whole thing freezes after a random amount of time but i still manage to hear the sound normally while i cannot do anything else.What have i tried so far:-installed all windows 10 updates-updated and checked all my...
  4. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Freezes at random times.

Windows 10 Freezes at random times.: Hi,So last week i started experiencing lag or whole computer freezing for few seconds and then going back normal. I looked around internet for answers and saw that updating bios would help, so i did that and updated my bios, but nothing changed.Somewhere i saw that if you go...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Freezes at random times.: Hi,So last week i started experiencing lag or whole computer freezing for few seconds and then going back normal. I looked around internet for answers and saw that updating bios would help, so i did that and updated my bios, but nothing changed.Somewhere i saw that if you go...
  7. Windows 10 Freezes at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time

Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time: Starting a few months ago, at random intervals my entire computer will kind of "freeze". I put that in quotations because I can still move my mouse and click on certain things, but all software seems to come to a halt. If I'm watching a youtube video, the audio will keep...
  9. Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Freezes after installing Windows 10: I finally decided to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During installation I had multiple instances where it froze on me. After a lot of trouble I managed to finish installation I can use my PC for a couple minutes to an hour before it crashes, these aren't blue...
  10. computer freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    computer freezing at random times: My computer keeps randomly freezing and it is driving me nuts! Sometimes I can be playing for hours and nothing happens or I have had it also freeze when it is starting up or once windows has loaded. I can't remember when I bought it but for a graphics card, it has a geforce...