Windows 10: After installing windows to a fresh hard drive ethernet and wifi show in “other devices”...

Discus and support After installing windows to a fresh hard drive ethernet and wifi show in “other devices”... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used a very old circa 2015 windows usb drive from a windows 10 home packet that I had laying around so the version of windows that is currently has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CutieWithaBoooty, Jul 28, 2020.

1. After installing windows to a fresh hard drive ethernet and wifi show in “other devices”...

I used a very old circa 2015 windows usb drive from a windows 10 home packet that I had laying around so the version of windows that is currently has is extremely old and I cannot update that either as I do not have access to another computer to create a bootable windows drive that is current.

I assume due to this, the ethernet and wifi adapters do not have updated drivers and are somehow not recognized by my computer.

Im at a loss with this one and I HAVE used these old usb drives in the past to fix windows and do fresh installs on my old computer which I had issues updating but at least then, my ethernet drivers were working

submitted by /u/CutieWithaBoooty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CutieWithaBoooty, Jul 28, 2020
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jul 28, 2020
  3. How to : Hard drives used to show in Windows and are now missing [visible in BIOS]

Skip to bottom for resolution:
    ----------------------------------
    I had a scare today that in hindsight, I possibly could have avoided. I am not certain that I caused the issue, however decided I wanted to share the resolution with my comrades at TPU and hopefully others in the future.
    Searching for this type of subject, is difficult as any work around or solution is often piled under results that are for a similar issue though not quite this scenario.

I was changing power supplies and realized I was short of the remaining required SATA power cables. This meant I could only power on my SSDs(normally two SSD, two HDD). After finishing, I had the system up and running for a few hours doing various things when I stumbled across some more SATA power cables. I took the machine down, hooked up the SATA>HDD and booted the system.

Windows did not see the mechanical drives in Explorer. I checked the following :

• Are the drives getting power? Yes I can hear/feel them slightly humming. Good sign.
    • Are the drives showing in Device Manager under Disk Drives? No only my SSD show.
    • Are the drives showing in Administrative Tools> Computer Management > Disk Management? No only my SSD show.
    Turned off the system. I checked the following :

• SATA connections at the motherboard and the hard disks. Connections are firm.
    • Double checked in BIOS that they were visible.
    I booted Windows again and this time listened intently for that classic crunch sound of the drive head doing it's work. I heard nothing.

A coffee later ( I don't drink coffee, was very stressful times - Defcon 2 I would say) I took stock of what I knew :
    • There's power
    • There's SATA data transmission
    • BIOS has given us a green light
    • I didn't do any thing to my knowledge that would trash the drives.
    It occurred to me I may have confused Windows, and I remembered that sometimes devices can be hidden (what causes this could be a myriad of reasons that I am unaware of).

Solution :
    • Open Control Panel > Device Manager
    other ways to reach the Device Manager :
    • Start Menu > Run and type mmc devmgmt.msc
    • Start Menu and type Device Manager in the search box
    • Start Menu and type mmc devmgmt.msc in the search box
    • At the top of the Device Manager, click on View and then Show Hidden Devices.
    • Down in the main window of the Device Manager, press the arrow or plus (+) sign to the left of the section Disk drives. It will open the list of drives, including any that are hidden. These will be colored with grey text. You should see some familiar models in there, hopefully your missing hard disks and there may be several entries for each (meaning there's duplicates).
    • Right click on each of the grey entries that relate to your missing device(s) and select Uninstal (do this for every instance or copy of your missing drives).
    • Agree to the OK or Cancel prompt that you receive.
    • Reboot your system.
    As your system prepares to enter Windows, you will never have been more happy to hear the nasty crunch of mechanical hard disks as the little HD men go to work inside your storage devices.

newconroer, Jul 28, 2020
  4. After installing windows to a fresh hard drive ethernet and wifi show in “other devices”...

little cat, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

After installing windows to a fresh hard drive ethernet and wifi show in “other devices”...

1. After installing windows to a fresh hard drive ethernet and wifi show in “other devices”... - Similar Threads - installing fresh hard

2. wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation: So recently I did something wrong in my registry and I had to fully reinstall windows from a USB, Windows is normal except for the fact that No wifis appear, I have a TP-Link wifi adapter and when I connect it, it just appears in other devices as "USB2.0 WLAN" with no...
  3. wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation: So recently I did something wrong in my registry and I had to fully reinstall windows from a USB, Windows is normal except for the fact that No wifis appear, I have a TP-Link wifi adapter and when I connect it, it just appears in other devices as "USB2.0 WLAN" with no...
  4. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  5. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  6. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. after installed device ,but the device manger show other devcices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after installed device ,but the device manger show other devcices: i developed a usb device driver,when i installed ther device,and the device is working well,but in the device manger,the device inf file infomation classguid is lost.why can it happen???i open the regedit,and the the path dont have the classguid informationi set the class=usb...
  8. after installed device ,but the device manger show other devcices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after installed device ,but the device manger show other devcices: i developed a usb device driver,when i installed ther device,and the device is working well,but in the device manger,the device inf file infomation classguid is lost.why can it happen???i open the regedit,and the the path dont have the classguid informationi set the class=usb...
  9. after installed device ,but the device manger show other devcices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Ethernet overriding other devices on WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet overriding other devices on WIFI: Hi, A bit of a weird one and forgive me if its a bit confused.I've noticed that recently when I use my desktop PC running Windows 10 on an Ethernet connection it seems to override everything else on the network. Is there some sort of setting I have enabled by accident?An...