Windows 10: After KB4512508 Windows 10 recognices my external disc as H:\BACKUP but refuses to give me...

Discus and support After KB4512508 Windows 10 recognices my external disc as H:\BACKUP but refuses to give me... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On august 18, my Windows Update installed KB4512508 during the night, and after restaring my computer, I had a lot of problems, like Hello does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DouglasJB, Aug 20, 2019.

1. DouglasJB Win User

After KB4512508 Windows 10 recognices my external disc as H:\BACKUP but refuses to give me...

On august 18, my Windows Update installed KB4512508 during the night, and after restaring my computer, I had a lot of problems, like Hello does not work and other errors, but the most problematic for me just now, is that the external disc where my Backups are stored daily, is not accessible.

In the list of external discs I can see the disc as H:\BACKUP, but when I klick on this disc, I just get a message the disc is not accessible.

I have tried the disc on other computers, like one with Windows 7 and many with Windoes 10, and all of them accepts the disc and allows me to open files on the disc.

How to proceed ?

:)

DouglasJB, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

External media drive not offered for backup

We understand that you want to back up your files on your DVD. At this point, we suggest that you try these steps so you can create a backup of it:

• Open the folder that contains the files that you want to back up.
    • Select the files to be moved on the DVD disc inserted.
    • Click Share on the tab section of the window.
    • Click Burn to disc to transfer it to the DVD disc.

In case these steps didn't work, kindly consult your manufacturer so they could recommend a software compatible for your computer to burn your files on your DVD.

Regards.

Jaune Bel, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Aug 20, 2019
  4. After KB4512508 Windows 10 recognices my external disc as H:\BACKUP but refuses to give me...

System Repair Disc

Hi
    I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Envy All in One. My preferred backup method is a System Image Backup. When the backup completes it always prompts me to create an System Image Disc. The problem is the this computer doesn't have a built in CD recorder/player. Are there any workaround suggestions.
    Thank you in advance.

Bob H

Bob Hennessy, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

After KB4512508 Windows 10 recognices my external disc as H:\BACKUP but refuses to give me...

1. After KB4512508 Windows 10 recognices my external disc as H:\BACKUP but refuses to give me... - Similar Threads - KB4512508 recognices external

2. external disc backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external disc backup: can I use same external disc to backup two windows computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-backup/49e93847-f9ae-4c6e-bf2a-f5de251aad7b
  3. Poor battery life after KB4512508 windows 10 update

Poor battery life after KB4512508 windows 10 update: Hi all, I am using a Microsoft surface pro 5 running Windows 10 1903 build 18362.295, updated on 28/8/2019 after receiving cumulative package KB4512508. Before the update, my battery life typically lasts on the average 5 hours and above. However, immediately after the...
  4. BSOD after installing KB4512508

BSOD after installing KB4512508: Hi, I have Windows 10 build 1803 and received the update KB4512508. My PC rebooted and booted to a blue screen with error code 0xc000021a and then after a couple reboots it went into the startup repair mode but it couldn't repair. So I ran chkdsk /r/f and after it finished...
  5. windows-10-update-kb4512508

windows-10-update-kb4512508: This update has successfully installed numerous times since 14/08/2019. It has been trying to install every day and now I have paused Windows Update as last 4 attempts failed showing error code )x8))7)bc9 Currently on latest version 1903. Driving me mad....
  6. Windows Update Cleanup missing after KB4512508

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update Cleanup missing after KB4512508: After installing the latest cumulative update I don't have the option to clean Windows Update files, neither in Settings nor in Disk Cleanup. I'm 5GB short in storage after the update and there's no option to clean those files anymore. What's the solution here?...
  7. Cumulative Update KB4512508 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative Update KB4512508 for Windows 10: As from yesterday morning I have the message in Windows Updates, Windows updates available with a yellow exclamation mark triangle showing. It states that Updates are ready to download and there is a Download button directly underneath. Cumulative Update KB4512508 for Windows...
  8. After installing kb4512508

After installing kb4512508: After installing kb4512508, when you check WINDOWS UPDATE it says ERROR ENCOUNTERED message, problem while connecting to WINDOWS SERVICE. Please fix this..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-kb4512508/8bbda04c-fd50-43c7-870f-afa85bf42c11
  9. Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...: So I bought this new DVD burner because I was getting the same message on every disc I tried to run. I have done the steps of uninstalling the driver and Restart, installs the DVD Burner but I still get the same message. So what gives? BTW I have Windows 10 1803 OS Build...
  10. The Window Fax and Scan sofwere did not recognice my external modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Window Fax and Scan sofwere did not recognice my external modem: I have a hp with window 10 pro, with a Window fax and scan software included , I can send and receiving faxes before with my external modem LSI USB 2.0 soft Modem Hiro V.92 56K USB Modem, but since a year or more I can't. I need to receive faxes in my computer and them...
Tags: