Windows 10: After kb4512941update, unable to connect to wifi any more

Discus and support After kb4512941update, unable to connect to wifi any more in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran a windows cumulative update kb4512941on my laptop on 6th September. Ever since, i am unable to connect my laptop to wifi. This is hampering me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RituReddi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. RituReddi Win User

After kb4512941update, unable to connect to wifi any more

I ran a windows cumulative update kb4512941on my laptop on 6th September. Ever since, i am unable to connect my laptop to wifi. This is hampering me from my work. Since my other devices are connecting fine to the same wifi i am sure the problem lies with the update. Can anyone please suggest what can i do to get my wifi connectivity back on this laptop?

:)

RituReddi, Sep 10, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 10, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 10, 2019
  4. XNam360 Win User

Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I tried all the steps you suggested, but those steps did not fix it.

Then I tried the clean boot for, by disabling everything in startup and disabling all services in system configuration. Upon restarting, my wifi features actually worked. I could connect to wifi, like I was supposed to.

But then when I followed the steps listed to isolate the service that may be causing the problem, by systematically starting the services and restarting each time, to find out which one results in disabling my wifi connection, my wifi connection hasn't returned,
    even after disabling every service again. I have tried repeatedly to recreate the conditions that resulted in my wifi connection working that first time that I tried the clean boot, but I have been unable to do so. Now, even with all services disabled, it
    still can't connect to wifi. I don't know why it worked that one time, but hasn't worked since, even though I've tried disabling all services again, just like I did that first time.

XNam360, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. After kb4512941update, unable to connect to wifi any more - Similar Threads - kb4512941update unable connect

2. Unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WiFi: For 2 days now I cannot connect to WiFi and the problem is because my laptop cannot detect it's ip but u have tried multiple things and nothing works. This first started when I restarted the wifi by turning the switch of it on and off since the wifi would keep connecting and...
  3. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  4. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  5. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi: After an update in windows 11 recently I am unable to connect with WiFi and Ethernet . I have tried various methods but it is not working could someone help me in solving this issue....
  7. Unable to connect Wifi

Unable to connect Wifi: I was playing my game half way and my internet suddenly got disconnected. Normally it would just reconnect automatically but this time, my Wifi seems to have disappeared - cannot even toggle on and off. I went into settings and noticed Wifi also disappeared there..I have...
  8. Unable to connect to WiFi after update

Unable to connect to WiFi after update: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 with a driver update- realtek semiconductor corp - bluetooth- 1/9/2018 - 1.5.1012.3 Definition updates- security Kb2267502 and antivirus KB4052623 The wifi option changed to a globe at the bottom of the screen, so possibly there was...
  9. Unable to Connect to Wifi

Unable to Connect to Wifi: I have had this laptop for less than a year and have Windows 10. I have been connected to WiFi the whole time I have had the laptop. While in the middle of using it, the WiFi disconnected and I can no longer find it. Every time I try to re-connect it only offers broadband or...
  10. Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x.

Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x.: Latitude E6520 running Windows 10. Was working fine and then 2 days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on. When I boot up, the wifi icon shows black and white with the little asterisk. I can click on it and see my network, and my neighbors, all showing up fine....
Tags: