Windows 10: After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android...

Discus and support After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After having new SSD Hard drive installed on my Toshiba laptop, and Windows 10 Pro reinstalled, the computer no longer recognizes a working USB port if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EllenMila, Aug 27, 2021.

1. EllenMila Win User

After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android...

After having new SSD Hard drive installed on my Toshiba laptop, and Windows 10 Pro reinstalled, the computer no longer recognizes a working USB port if its connected to my Android phone Samsung J7 via USB cable. All drivers are current. Phone does not show up in Device Manager or Win Explorer as it used to. I tried installing driver from Samsung but no change. USB works fine if I insert a flash drive. Phone and cables otherwise work fine. This used to work.

:)

EllenMila, Aug 27, 2021

2. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect your Android device to the computer it is not recognized, we will look into this for you.

As per the description, the Android device only charges when you connect it to the computer. Hence, we would like to know if you see any Unknown device in Device Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. In Device Manager window, check if there is a section of
      Unknown device.
    3. If you see Unknown device, right click on it and select
      Update Device.
    4. If prompted, restart the computer.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps from the article Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    except Method 2 and see if that makes any difference.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 27, 2021
  4. After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android...

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android...

1. After last and 1 previous Windows 10 Pro updates laptop no longer recognizes my Android... - Similar Threads - last previous Pro

2. My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...: I was temporarily using a corded mouse and keyboard on a Windows 7 desktop, while trying to install the drivers for a wireless mouse. After removing the corded mouse and keyboard from the Windows 7 desktop and trying to reuse them on my Windows 10 laptop, they were no longer...
  3. My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...: I was temporarily using a corded mouse and keyboard on a Windows 7 desktop, while trying to install the drivers for a wireless mouse. After removing the corded mouse and keyboard from the Windows 7 desktop and trying to reuse them on my Windows 10 laptop, they were no longer...
  4. After the last Windows 10 update, my external hard drive is not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the last Windows 10 update, my external hard drive is not recognized.: I have two small external hard drives by Seagate that I have used for several years with my Dell PC. After the last Windows 10 update, the hard drives aren't recognized by my computer. They are getting power, because the lights are on, showing power. However, when I go to...
  5. After the last Windows 10 update, my external hard drive is not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the last Windows 10 update, my external hard drive is not recognized.: I have two small external hard drives by Seagate that I have used for several years with my Dell PC. After the last Windows 10 update, the hard drives aren't recognized by my computer. They are getting power, because the lights are on, showing power. However, when I go to...
  6. After the last Windows 10 update, my external hard drive is not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. my touch sreen no longer works after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    my touch sreen no longer works after last update: my touch screen wont work after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-sreen-no-longer-works-after-last-update/61ad912a-7cfa-4956-bda6-8c0d7265f80b
  8. After the last update 2004 for windows 10, it is no longer possible to remove the update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the last update 2004 for windows 10, it is no longer possible to remove the update...: After the last update 2004 for windows 10, it is no longer possible to remove the update history through thescript Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components. What is the solution?...
  9. Windows installation no longer detected after last update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows installation no longer detected after last update: Hey guys, A week ago or so my PC was updated to the latest build of Windows 10 (i think its 1903?). My PC is running pretty much 24/7. Now...i just rebooted and it turns out windows.can no longer find the boot device or windows installation. After this happens the PC...
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize my second hard drive after the last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not recognize my second hard drive after the last update.: I let an update go through yesterday and thought it was all done. I was working today and didn't see my "E" drive. I went to restart and noticed that shutdown included restart. I figured that would clear it up but it didn't. I can't access my storage files. Any help is...