Windows 10: After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters

Discus and support After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Last update I cannot see on printing preview special and Greek characters any more. The program I m trying to print is very old and I 've meet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danielkarathanassis, Aug 11, 2019.

1. After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters

After Last update I cannot see on printing preview special and Greek characters any more. The program I m trying to print is very old and I 've meet similar problems on previews updates.

But I dont whant to reverse I just whant to resolve this problem.

The deference now is that I see Greek on program menu etc but only on print preview appears the rectagles you can see on screenshoot.

Please help I thing many people have the same problem After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters 03590867-5949-4bcd-958b-187888bc5ba7?upload=true.jpg

[Moderator Edit: Moved from: Community Participation Centre \ Discuss the Microsoft Community Site \ Getting Started on the Microsoft Community]

:)

danielkarathanassis, Aug 11, 2019
  2. zanegl Win User

Meshed up Greek language characters

I' ve installed-upgraded a PC into Windows 10 Creators Update 15063.138. The problem is that when I use an installed program and try to use the Greek keyboard on its options or input fields, the characters are something like "|||||||..." and when I switch to native OS language US, the characters are as expected. The problem doesn't exist on previous 14393.1066 edition as I have the same program installed on another PC and the characters present as expected on BOTH languages. I tried and switched the system font using a notepad editor and the registry, I installed Greek language pack and used it as main system language and run the program, but the problem remained! I can't seem to be able to use properly the Greek keyboard characters. I have to mention of course that when I open a notepad txt, or a word document, the Greek characters are there!! I used compatibility settings, older editions of Windows, but it drives me nuts! Can anyone help me ?? I have to point out that the program, whose menus are in US English, was installed and re-installed on both OS languages on Creators Edition, but I can'get it to work..

Flash update: Neither Microsoft's engineers nor their Remote Desktop support (via LogMeIn) couldn't resolve my issue..They performed the same steps as I did (I watched them..) they even created another user profile, in case mine was corrupted, but...NOTHING was repaired... Too bad..I'll have to wait (??!!) in case another update resolves my problem..They even proposed to revert to my previous Windows 10 edition (14393.1066)!!! Of course I knew to do that, but I didn't want that to happen.. I expected MORE from their support, as I performed every action they proposed,before they did...

zanegl, Aug 11, 2019
  3. I activated the greek keyboard in Windows 10 but having trouble with accented characters ?

Hi Thomas,

To better assist you with this concern, may we know the following:

• Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • On which application are you trying to use Greek keyboard?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check your computer's Region & language if Greek is already added.

Thank you.

Desiree Yau, Aug 11, 2019
  4. After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters

Special characters no longer appearing in windows 10

I have many apps and documents on my PC that use special characters, such as Greek letters, Cyrilic letters and Symbols in addition to the (American) English that is predominate. Previous to the most recent update, all special characters appeared without
    any difficulty where I wished them to appear. Since the update, all special characters have been replaced with either a ? or a ▯, depending on which application is used. This extends to the Character Map app, which will show only some of the characters (only
    those represented on a U.S. keyboard) instead of all of the characters for each and every font.

I have attempted to change the default Windows 10 font from Segoe UI to Segoe UI Symbol to solve the problem, but it seems that Segoe UI Symbol has no letters so all the text is replaced with ????????. Segoe UI has only the most common American letters
    and symbols and nothing else.

This error is appearing in Word documents, Notepad documents, MP3 titles and tags, icon names, websites, and others.

How do I continue to include all the unicode symbols, especially the special characters, on my desktop and in all the apps?

StephenM237, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters

1. After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters - Similar Threads - Last update cannot

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  4. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  7. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360
  8. Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters: This problem has gone one for 3 years. ALT+### codes do not work for most Windows Apps. I have had Windows Support troubleshoot this, with no success. I have had SteelSeries (keyboard manufacturer) troubleshoot this, with no success. The only app I have that it works with is...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...