Windows 10: after last update no excel files will open

Discus and support after last update no excel files will open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; get the following error - [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonya(b), Oct 3, 2018.

1. tonya(b) Win User

after last update no excel files will open

get the following error - after last update no excel files will open 0e93adcc-55ed-4558-ac42-0936950c34b1?upload=true.png

:)

tonya(b), Oct 3, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

after last update no excel files will open [​IMG]

- this list:

after last update no excel files will open [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2018
  3. FIles in Word, Excel and other programmes will not open from the explorer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

Please follow the steps.

Step 1:

Lets try to disable the DDE option following these steps:

• Click the File tab, and then click
      Options.
    • Click Advanced, and then click to clear the
      Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the
      General area.
    Click OK.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, uncheck the compatibility options by doing the following:

Right click on Excel (.exe) Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

Windows 8 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Windows 8 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the/56ee1743-b476-43a5-9b00-169b8c6ef37a

Hope the suggestion is helpful. Reply for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 3, 2018
  4. after last update no excel files will open

Decktop Shortcuts to Excel files don't work since Windows update

Hi,

An outdated Office program is one of the possible reasons why you’re unable to open desktop shortcut Excel files. Since you’ve updated your Windows operating system, we suggest that you install an Office update as well. This is for us to further isolate
    the concern. To do so, open Word > File >
    Account
    > under Product information > choose Update Options >
    Update Now. Once the update is finished, check if the issue persists.

In the event that it doesn’t work, we recommend setting up Excel as your default program on your computer. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click the desktop shortcuts Excel files, then select Properties
    • In the Opens with section, click Change and choose
      Excel 2013
      . Once it’s done, check if the issue was resolved.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

after last update no excel files will open

1. after last update no excel files will open - Similar Threads - last update excel

2. File Explorer Crashes on opening after last insider update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashes on opening after last insider update: File Explorer Crashes on opening after last insider update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-on-opening-after-last/c5092458-a597-4ab4-b0ce-3a78941da355
  3. File Explorer Crashes on opening after last insider update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashes on opening after last insider update: File Explorer Crashes on opening after last insider update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-on-opening-after-last/c5092458-a597-4ab4-b0ce-3a78941da355
  4. Unable to open excel file

Unable to open excel file: Excel file is on Taskbar but doe not open or restore. I have scanned there is no malaware I have also done sfc scan, there are no corruptions. Have also repaired. Still am unable to open/ restore the file...
  5. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  6. Office excel, work not working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office excel, work not working after last update: [ATTACH] cannot open work or excel with my paid account since the latest update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-work-not-working-after-last-update/13541ad5-31c3-44ce-ba8e-a6ba0a5b4b8c
  7. Cannot open an Excel file

Cannot open an Excel file: I have a problem opening just one odd excel file. this is a .xlsx file, and I am using Office 2013. Office program fully up to date. I have tried all the amateur workarounds (I have limited computer know how) inc office has been repaired. On opening the file, there is a...
  8. After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!: After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! I can see the XLS spreadsheets in the file preview window but get this error when attempting to open them: Sorry, we couldn't find C:/.....xls. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? I can see it in the preview...
  9. Self Extracting file no longer opens after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self Extracting file no longer opens after last update: I'm trying to open a self extracting file to download a firmware update for a camera. Nothing happens when I click open or run as administrator. This same file worked just fine in November when I downloaded it for another camera. After hitting open 10 times or so I can...
  10. Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update: After a recent update to Excel 2010 (that came after upgrading Windows 10 Creators Edition) when clicking on more than one Excel file they all open in the same window (instance) of Excel. Before this update the files would open in separate instances. By opening in a single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show me what documents ive got open all at once