Windows 10: After last Win 10 update (1809 - 4/2/2019 install), all Windows Fax files disappeared.

Discus and support After last Win 10 update (1809 - 4/2/2019 install), all Windows Fax files disappeared. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would anyone know where these files might be? I can't imagine a feature update doing anything to data files. Windows Fax and Scan status line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wgrxxx, Apr 5, 2019.

1. wgrxxx Win User

After last Win 10 update (1809 - 4/2/2019 install), all Windows Fax files disappeared.

Would anyone know where these files might be? I can't imagine a feature update doing anything to data files.

Windows Fax and Scan status line reports that "No fax accounts are configured"

This happened on 2 computers. I am attempting System Restores on both computers in hope of recovering data.

:)

wgrxxx, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 5, 2019
  4. After last Win 10 update (1809 - 4/2/2019 install), all Windows Fax files disappeared.

New Cumulative Update For Windows 10 1809 KB4490481 Released Today 4/2/19

I downloaded this update today and don't seam to be having any problems with it. There seams to be quite a few fixes in it also. You might want to check it out if you are running Win 1809.

I Hope This Helps...

April 2, 2019—KB4490481 (OS Build 17763.404)
    Applies to: Windows 10, version 1809Windows Server 2019, all versions

Release Date:
    April 2, 2019

Version:

OS Build 17763.404

Leprechaun J, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

After last Win 10 update (1809 - 4/2/2019 install), all Windows Fax files disappeared.

1. After last Win 10 update (1809 - 4/2/2019 install), all Windows Fax files disappeared. - Similar Threads - last update 1809

2. ALL files have disappeared from my laptop after Windows update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL files have disappeared from my laptop after Windows update last week: tried to uninstall last update but it won't let me. tried to restore to last restore point but ' restoring files' just went on for 24 hrs so I guessed it was stuck so forced shutdown. Tried restarting several times to no effect. Getting a message saying my Onedrive is full if...
  3. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !: Hello there ! I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem. So last August 2019, I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, but then was met with a strange occurance. I loaded up my desktop and it was empty, yet my background was still there....
  4. win 10 2019 fall update for surface 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 2019 fall update for surface 4: I have not had an update in the Insider review since build 18936,rs prerelease. I was expecting the Fall Release by now. Is there an issue with Surface 4 i7 that is holding back the update?...
  5. last 2 win 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    last 2 win 10 updates: Since the last 2 updates, when I start Edge my screen has began blinking again, also when using other apps the sound cuts in and out. I spend most of time fixing things on win 10, searching for "CORRECT" solution which very seldom getting the correct answer. So disgusted...
  6. Win 10 last update Aug 2019

Win 10 last update Aug 2019: Hi, after the last update my device wont start anymore. Windows 10 is stucked on the login screen. I insert my pin code but instead of load the desktop the login screen appear again. Any help?...
  7. Why are these 2 files the same on 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809...

Why are these 2 files the same on 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809...: On webpage, https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4494441 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4494441) is the SAME file as: 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based Systems (KB4494441)...
  8. Windows 10 update 1809 mar 2019

Windows 10 update 1809 mar 2019: I have constantly tried to update Windows 10 but to no avail. All I get is a screen saying """restarting """ with a circular revolving center . I have left my computer on in most cases for 4 to 8 hours , again to no avail. Please advise me as I am fed up with the non going...
  9. After the Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, all my personal files have disappeared. Not just...

After the Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, all my personal files have disappeared. Not just...: After the Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, all my personal files have disappeared. Not just my documents, but all user data. I haven't backed up my PC before. I have already updated and now am wondering how do I get my files back. I had a lot of stuff in there. My OS is Lenovo...
  10. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...