Windows 10: After lastest update of windows, I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the...

Discus and support After lastest update of windows, I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After lastest update of windows I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the laptop....any suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesSturgill, Sep 6, 2019.

1. After lastest update of windows, I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the...

After lastest update of windows I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the laptop....any suggestions

:)

JamesSturgill, Sep 6, 2019

2. Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 6, 2019
  3. DVD CD Player

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

• 1. Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

2. Click on Troubleshooting tab.

3. Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

4. Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

5. Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• 1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.

2. Select DVD/CD-ROM and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

5. Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope it helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 6, 2019
  4. After lastest update of windows, I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the...

Built in CD/DVD drive not connected after windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This may occur due to outdated device drivers. Let’s try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      and click on Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials
      if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2: Uninstall/reinstall the CD/DVD ROM driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drives to expand, right click on the device and click on
      Uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic driver.

Method 3: Update the
    DVD/CD ROM- drive driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/CD ROM- drive
      to expand, right click on the device and click on Update driver software.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/CD ROM drive driver and install the same.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

After lastest update of windows, I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the...

1. After lastest update of windows, I lost the ability to connect to my built in DVD/CD on the... - Similar Threads - lastest update lost

2. Lost ability to use DVD-RW for writing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to use DVD-RW for writing: An update appears to have removed my ability to use DVD's R/W ability. I can read from it. I can see the device, but I cannot write to it. Removing the driver and reinstalling does not appear to help. Advice to update a registry entry has not helped. The PC has lots of...
  3. Lost ability to use DVD-RW for writing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost ability to use DVD-RW for writing: An update appears to have removed my ability to use DVD's R/W ability. I can read from it. I can see the device, but I cannot write to it. Removing the driver and reinstalling does not appear to help. Advice to update a registry entry has not helped. The PC has lots of...
  4. Lost ability to use DVD-RW for writing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CD/DVD Error after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD Error after Windows Update: My OS is Windows 10 Ver 21H2 OS Build 19044.1806. I have two internal CD/DVD Drives installed. Prior to the last upgrade they both worked fine. After the last update they quit working. Now, in Device Mgr there is the warning image displayed and shows the following:Windows...
  6. CD/DVD Error after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Error after Windows Update: My OS is Windows 10 Ver 21H2 OS Build 19044.1806. I have two internal CD/DVD Drives installed. Prior to the last upgrade they both worked fine. After the last update they quit working. Now, in Device Mgr there is the warning image displayed and shows the following:Windows...
  7. Windows randomly lost connection to wifi and the ability to reconnect after

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows randomly lost connection to wifi and the ability to reconnect after: [ATTACH] The title says it all It randomly lost connection to everything, even the wifi and hotspot icon Everytime it happens i cannot do anything except using the troubleshooter and let it reset what need to be reset After I reset it will behave normally until it...
  8. Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???: This morning I woke up and find out that my pc is not connecting to any network anymore. I tried several times to reconnect the 5g network that I've been using a long time ago. But every time it just says "Can't connect to this network". My laptops and phones have no problem...
  9. Lost the ability to update Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost the ability to update Windows: There are a number of us in the Windows Insider Program that have lost the ability to update Windows. There are some variations on the theme but, basically, Win10 will download the package and say that there is an update that needs a reboot to install. The install/reboot...
  10. Lost ability to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost ability to connect to the internet: I installed the latest update from Microsoft, the complete new version and now on one computer my internet connection says SECURED, Not Connected. It is a A6210, Netgear wireless USB3 device that I have on all the Windows computers. The A6210 works fine on any other computer...