Windows 10: after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back

Discus and support after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating latest version to 2004, lost my user profile, now my desktop, and programs are gone. is there any way to get my user profile back? or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimH_377, May 28, 2020.

1. JimH_377 Win User

after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back

After updating latest version to 2004, lost my user profile, now my desktop, and programs are gone. is there any way to get my user profile back? or maybe revert back before update?

:)

JimH_377, May 28, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 28, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 28, 2020
  4. after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back

Latest Update has automatically created User Profile - lost everything

Hi Dan,

It seems that the old user account has been deleted after the latest update on your PC. Let’s check if you have the old user account folder present in the location C:\ Users. If you have it there, follow the steps given in this link to retrieve the data from
    the old user account to the new user account.

Fix a corrupted user profile - This also applicable to Windows 10

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, May 28, 2020
Thema:

after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back

1. after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back - Similar Threads - latest update 2004

2. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  3. User profile lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  4. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. can not get my sound back after the latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not get my sound back after the latest update: in the past i was able to go in and find and fix the driver . now my driver is totally gone and i have no way of finding that i know of to fix it this time.not sure what to do anymore. went on my PC site to try and down the the driver from there but the down load keep...
  6. 2004 damaging user profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 damaging user profile: So, I really need some help. My computer has tried twice in the last couple of months to apply the 2004 update. Both times when it finishes installing it comes back to tell me that I can’t login. I’ve tried all of the suggestions out there about deleting the temporary profile...
  7. Profile Lost After updating to v2004

Profile Lost After updating to v2004: Just updated windows, tried to log in and got the error "unable to load user's profile" Restarted, tried to log in again, and now windows created a new profile. Same Microsoft account, but it's like I created a new profile. Checked in the user file, my profile is still...
  8. Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile: Greetings! Since the latest updates from Windows 10 2020 I can no longer change or remove user profiles. Also it has impacted my Microsoft Outlook account which I cannot reinstall even though it was working beautifully before this. I have spent too much time resintalling...
  9. Issue after latest(2004) update

Issue after latest(2004) update: Hello guys, I installed the latest update but my pc suddenly became slower. Windows UI animations are laggy and I think that gaming performance is worse too. Is there anything I am missing? I have a good pc and Windows UI was smooth before update. CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 2600 GPU:...
  10. lost keyboard after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost keyboard after 2004 update: using on screen keyboard to type. dell g3 laptop Uninstalled drivers for standard ps/2 keyword and hid keyboard drivers any help greatly appreciated mouse and TouchPad working fine...