Windows 10: after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared

Discus and support after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PROBLEM: all of my audio devices, all well detected and present in device manager, disappeared from sound devices. I have no sound. I can't even use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by diltefon, Sep 17, 2020.

1. diltefon Win User

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared

PROBLEM:

all of my audio devices, all well detected and present in device manager, disappeared from sound devices. I have no sound. I can't even use my microphone

winver:

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared 1eqyhnS.png

it happened after restarting for completing what it looked like an harmless .NET framework update:

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared OQ45L6U.png

no audio devices here (this applies to both playback and recording):

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared Rs5mBOE.png

however, my device manager says they are all well and working:

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared TLjafTO.png

not pictured above is my blue snowball microphone.

i tried the popular three commands for DISM repairs and sfc /scannow. it didnt help.

I tried looking for IDT or Intel SST drivers in the device manager but they were not present.

clicked uninstalled on almost all sound devices from there, and without reconnecting i tried restarting the computer. didnt help.

every other devices as far as i know work. like my keyboard, mouse, game controller, etc.

please help...

:)

diltefon, Sep 17, 2020
  2. heartog Win User

Audio Devices via DP/HDMI "disappearing" after 2004 update

After updating to 2004, either my monitor or tv would disappear from the audio device list when:

(monitor is on, I turn on tv, and turning tv back off.)

It would only show either the monitor or tv on the audio devices list. Unplugging and plugging hdmi/dp cable would not work since it would only show the last connected device's audio.

Downgrading GPU and GPU audio driver did not work, "workarounds" are either to reboot or disable and re-enabling Nvidia audio driver

System specs in profile

heartog, Sep 17, 2020
  3. byu1 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I originally followed the step on page 37. I used modified 2.75 dll and DTS/dolby shown in audio properties and working fine. After update to windows 10 build 15063. Realtek manager disappeared from system tray and DTS disappeared from audio properties, so I repeat the steps on pages 37.

DTS is back in the audio properties, but when try to enable it, it says 'format not supported by this device.

how to fix this?

4. after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared

My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device Manager. Tried troubleshooting and still no devices found. Tried connecting USB speakers, but those were not
    detected either.

Suggestions?

Rob_Benjamin, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared

1. after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared - Similar Threads - latest update audio

2. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  3. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No audio device is installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  4. "No audio device is installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  6. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update: Hi all -- I've seen this topic elsewhere, but following those steps didn't help me so I figured I'd start afresh. I am getting the message "No Audio Device is Installed" and cannot set up or listen to any sounds, either from my speakers or my USB headphone. This appears to be...
  7. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" after latest update

8. Audio devices disappear after failed update

Audio devices disappear after failed update: My computer i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-Deluxe, 16MB ram was working fine until it tried an update to KB50003637. During the update, it BSODed with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, after which it notified me that the update had failed and attempted to return to its previous...
  9. My audio device disappeared

My audio device disappeared: I woke up this morning and I realized I had no sound, I checked my audio device, but the one I usually used vanished which was called 'Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help me I been stuck with this for a while now....
  10. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours...