Windows 10: After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

Discus and support After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue. 4 monitor setup here at work. After yesterday's update, my default monitor no longer has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maurerk, Jan 16, 2020.

1. After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue. 4 monitor setup here at work. After yesterday's update, my default monitor no longer has the 'default' Taskbar (the one with the search bar, and the app/notification area). This taskbar is staying on screen number 2 - even though my default screen is set to number 1. Even if I change my default to 3 or 4, the default taskbar stays on screen number 2. Yes I have rebooted. Rebuilt my windows profile.

submitted by /u/maurerk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maurerk, Jan 16, 2020

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 16, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jan 16, 2020
  4. After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

1. After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar - Similar Threads - latest update default

2. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  3. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  4. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  5. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  6. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  7. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  8. Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update: So, I just updated to the latest version and now my taskbar is showing the name of the open app instead of just the icon. For example, I get the name of the channel I'm on in Discord, or the page I'm on in my browser. Could someone help me fix this? I tried contacting...
  9. Windows + Taskbar move to main monitor after standby

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows + Taskbar move to main monitor after standby: I have 2 monitors, A is my main (connected via HDMI), B is my secondary (connected via DP). B has my taskbar. Whenever my computer returns from standby, all open windows + taskbar move to my main monitor A I've heard this is an issue with monitors connected via DP, but my...
  10. dual monitor not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor not working after latest update: my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-not-working-after-latest-update/07c08b35-2ee3-4f46-844d-eafd39803c43