Windows 10: After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER

Discus and support After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 last update I cant login as only account see is a new one called OTHER USER cant access either by trying my Microsoft account so I'm locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Foggyfitter, Oct 5, 2018.

1. After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER

windows 10 last update I cant login as only account see is a new one called OTHER USER

cant access either by trying my Microsoft account so I'm locked completely out …

:)

Foggyfitter, Oct 5, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER :(

Zakin, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER

1. After latest update in windows 10 i cant login as only account showing up is OTHER USER - Similar Threads - latest update cant

2. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  3. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  4. Other User login after updating to Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other User login after updating to Windows 10: So I was just upgrading to Windows 10, because stupid itunes requires it. Anyway after having finished the numerous restarts and completing its installation it now is asking me for a log-in and password for "Other User". To save some time on things that don't work that have...
  5. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login defaults to other user only, no other users show: My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere....
  6. after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user: I was having issues with getting my computer to update, but I was able to update it after someone from Geek Squad was able to fix it. However, after my computer restarted after the update was installed, none of my user information will show and only “Other User” shows up. How...
  7. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users: i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant after updated it restarted and it showing only other users while trying my user name and password it shows invalid user name and password [IMG][IMG][IMG]Please respond me with a possible solution as soon as possible...
  8. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...
  9. Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User": So, I decided to reset my laptop entirely since I had plans to sell it but after I redownload Windows 10 the screen doesn't show up in HD, bootup takes 30 minutes and the only account that shows up is "Other User" with a blank username and password field. I tried getting to...
  10. Other User is the only account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...