Windows 10: After latest update Laptop buffing for hours

Discus and support After latest update Laptop buffing for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop jumped into its configuration mode as it does from time to time. It reached 100% then began buffering. It must be a few hours now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AuntieMary37, Mar 6, 2021.

1. After latest update Laptop buffing for hours

Hello, my laptop jumped into its configuration mode as it does from time to time. It reached 100% then began buffering. It must be a few hours now that I have the little circles.

I'm using a laptop and running Windows 10

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

How can I get my laptop back working?

I've tried the hard shutdown and restart to no avail.

Many thanks,

:)

AuntieMary37, Mar 6, 2021

2. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Mar 6, 2021
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 6, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

After latest update Laptop buffing for hours

n-ster, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

After latest update Laptop buffing for hours

1. After latest update Laptop buffing for hours - Similar Threads - latest update Laptop

2. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  3. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  4. Laptop not charging after latest Microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not charging after latest Microsoft update: I have an HP laptop and ever since Microsoft did it's latest update, it won't charge. As long as I have it plugged in, the charge doesn't go down, but it doesn't actually charge. It's perpetually stuck on 47% even after hours of charging. Anyone else have this problem or...
  5. Laptop not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not working after latest update: Hello everyone! On 04-09-2020, I put my laptop on an update & restart following which I got a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start properly". I opted for restart but got the same error again. The Automatic Repair started as soon as I powered on my laptop which...
  6. Latest update at 84% after 10 hours

Latest update at 84% after 10 hours: My computer is set to do automatic updates. One started last night at about 9:00pm. It is still running. It only show 84% complete. It says it will take a while, but 10 hours seems a bit long....
  7. After the latest update (around 20 hours ago), my laptop occasionally goes black/grey for a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the latest update (around 20 hours ago), my laptop occasionally goes black/grey for a...: What's with this? Is the 'joke' about Windows being horrible with their updates not actually a joke? submitted by /u/ItIsABear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hamgpk/after_the_latest_update_around_20_hours_ago_my/
  8. After the latest WU, my laptop would not automatically restart - "Active Hours" problem -...

After the latest WU, my laptop would not automatically restart - "Active Hours" problem -...: At 23.55 last night, Cumulative WU KB4551762 finished downloading but didn't install. The message gave me the choice to either "Restart now" or "wait until my active hours". But my active hours are 08:00 - 01:00 so it should have restarted. Is there any action that I should...
  9. How to fix laptop after latest update

How to fix laptop after latest update: The update was more than 10 days ago so I cant go back to before the update. The update has messed with my Microsoft edge browser as well as causing massive CPU usage...
  10. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop battery wont charge after latest update: there was a mandatory update that came out a few days ago but i only installed it today. everything was fine and i left my laptop. when i came back to it in the evening i noticed that the battery keeps going down even though it's plugged in. it went down from 100% to 50% in...