Windows 10: After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while

Discus and support After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the latest update my pc automatically enters sleep mode and, if left alone shuts down completely after about an hour. In system settings I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CargoMatatu, Oct 24, 2016.

1. After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while

After the latest update my pc automatically enters sleep mode and, if left alone shuts down completely after about an hour.

In system settings I was able to find the sleep settings and reset the monitor time-out to 'never' and, I think, hard-drive sleep to 'never.

This solved part of my problem in that it no longer goes to sleep.

However, I like to keep my pc running with programs such as Outlook minimized so that I will receive incoming emails, etc.
    When I leave my machine to go and do some other work it is incredibly frustrating to come back an hour later and find that everything has automatically shut itself down and I have to restart the whole shebang, which takes considerably longer that a normal start-up.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the settings to cure this?

:)

CargoMatatu, Oct 24, 2016

2. windows 10 not successfully shutdown

After install update my pc not successfully shut down. No any error messages. but when i turn on my pc, it continue with automatically running my latest used software.

sameeranuwan, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 issue

After update of Windows 10, pc doesn't shut down, sleep and restart... Please help immediately..
    It starts automatically after choosing shut down option..
    What to do?

My laptop can't shutting down..

Sagar Shah143, Oct 24, 2016
  4. After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while

After 91 views still no suggestions.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

CargoMatatu, Oct 27, 2016
  5. You do not list any info about hardware. Try to use Driver Easy Free to check for outdated drivers.
    Windows sometimes installs bad drivers, it might be a power managment, GPU or motherboard related.

TairikuOkami, Oct 27, 2016
  6. Well, it appears that the problem has solved itself after the latest update. *Smile

It's not doing it any more. I still would have liked to know what originally caused this though.

CargoMatatu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while

1. After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while - Similar Threads - latest update automatically

2. MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.: Hi there. I’m having some problems with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home 22H2 for x64-based Systems. I recently downloaded and installed the optional quality update “2023-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031445”,...
  3. MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.: Hi there. I’m having some problems with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home 22H2 for x64-based Systems. I recently downloaded and installed the optional quality update “2023-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031445”,...
  4. MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows automatically starting after shut down

Windows automatically starting after shut down: A week or so ago my system turned itself back on after I had done a shut down. I thought it was me but this has happened multiple times this past week. Because this is happening when I am trying to go to bed the only thing I have been able to do to stop it was to turn off my...
  6. PC shuts down even not running a game after latest update

PC shuts down even not running a game after latest update: Specs:Ryzen 5 3600XTGIGABYTE RTX 2060 Super OC WindforceAsus Prime B550M-A600W psuAll of them are updated to the latest drivers.Windows 10 Pro version: 2004 - 19041.928 latestMy system was working without any problems since I built it. But after installed the latest update it...
  7. Automatically shutting down after 1 hour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatically shutting down after 1 hour: Hello guys, Can anyone help me with that problem from yesterday my Windows 10 is going to automatically shutting down while i am working on it or still its idle also.I have tried every method but nothing works.Its 90 day trial version.70 days more remain active.From...
  8. PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY: I have downloaded windows 10 may 2020 update through Windows update Assistant. But as soon as it starts updating windows and the percent reach 13% or 17% the pc shuts down automatically. I am facing this issue throughout the day. What is the solution?...
  9. Shut down computer automatically after sometime

Shut down computer automatically after sometime: Can someone tell me how to automatically completely shut down my desktop computer, not laptop, after a period of non use. I use windows 10 ***Original title: shut down desk topcomputer***...
  10. Computer keeps shutting down after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down after latest update: My laptop shuts down by itself after a few minutes of non use. This started happening after a February 2020 Windows update. How can this be corrected/fixed ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shuts down automatically after an hour

2. pc shuts down when weeam backup finishes

3. pc shuts down automatically after the update