Windows 10: After latest update, windows forgot tile colours. Can't set custom.

Discus and support After latest update, windows forgot tile colours. Can't set custom. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,So I like to be able to see the difference between tiles and the background on the start menu, and previously, before the most recent, huge update I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RutCoo, Apr 27, 2021.

1. RutCoo Win User

After latest update, windows forgot tile colours. Can't set custom.

Hi,So I like to be able to see the difference between tiles and the background on the start menu, and previously, before the most recent, huge update I was able to set their colours.Now they are just murky-white boxes on a white background. It's ugly, along with the jarring yellow of folders displayed on the start menu, well I'd rather just not thanks. My poor retinas.I don't use dark mode, and I use custom mode under Personalisation > Colours.Now, after the update, by default the colour mode is set to 'light mode', so I set it to custom, and I notice that "Start,

:)

RutCoo, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Gianpaolo L., Apr 27, 2021
  3. krytoned Win User
    Custom start menu tile

I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts?

After latest update, windows forgot tile colours.  Can't set custom. [​IMG]

For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too small, and the tile has a blue blackground colour that is different from my Windows accent colour.

krytoned, Apr 27, 2021
  4. After latest update, windows forgot tile colours. Can't set custom.

Tile colours in windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

No you cant change color of individual tiles.
    If you don't want the task bar and tiles to see in the same colour then try the following steps.

a. Type Settings in Start scree,
    b. Click on Personalization.
    c. Click on Colour. Select the you like.
    d. Turn off the option" Show color on Srtart,Taskbar, and action center.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Nachappa C K, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

After latest update, windows forgot tile colours. Can't set custom.

1. After latest update, windows forgot tile colours. Can't set custom. - Similar Threads - latest update forgot

2. Live tiles colours Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live tiles colours Windows 10: Hi again, I asked the question this morning on how to change "Live tile colours" and this came up but how? I seem to think when Windows 8.1 came out and Windows 10 you could do that! I have read various sites all explaining differently so I am confused! Some say only certain...
  3. Live tiles colours Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tiles colours Windows 10: Hi again, I asked the question this morning on how to change "Live tile colours" and this came up but how? I seem to think when Windows 8.1 came out and Windows 10 you could do that! I have read various sites all explaining differently so I am confused! Some say only certain...
  4. Live tiles colours Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  6. Why can't I customize the tile colors after the new icon updates?

Why can't I customize the tile colors after the new icon updates?: By default, once you update the built-in apps such as Mail, Calendar, Groove Music, etc., the tiles default to blue and are no longer configurable color-wise. Why can't the tile colors be customized like that anymore? Is it possible to bring that back? Also, it'd be kind of...
  7. Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles

Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles: Hello Team, I'm having long standing question on customizing Windows tiles that appear on Start menu as tiles occupies entire window, I'm finding for an answer on online which some how related, but I haven't got the answers exactly as how I expect. I'm glad that I ended up...
  8. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...
  9. Customizing Colours

Customizing Colours: I would like to make my taskbar Grey, but have all the accents be Pink, how is this possible. OR just make the pink you can choose a lighter one, because right now, when you choose any of the colours, they become darker than it shows on the taskbar. 9798
  10. I can't set a black custom colour.

I can't set a black custom colour.: Now before I say anything else, I /do/ know how to use the Registry Editor and control color command, but I have the same problem with both of them. I try setting them to black and it just reverts to blue. I'll show you the best I can with screenshots, but it might seem fake-...