Windows 10: after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

Discus and support after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, my only pc is a dell laptop and i been running windows10 since i bought it 18 months ago. after last update a week ago, i noticed that 1) while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sevn77, Mar 4, 2019.

1. sevn77 Win User

after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

hi, my only pc is a dell laptop and i been running windows10 since i bought it 18 months ago. after last update a week ago, i noticed that

1) while playing my fave game (offline, stored on pc) that i suddenly cant save any games. (ërror saving game") .

2) when i used vuze to download a file from internet it reported 'destination drive is invalid'" which its not. the only way i could get vuze to proceed was saving data onto an external usb drive. any valid folder i choose on C drive as destination gives same error.

and just today,

3) deciding to watch netflix (through browser not app), every film i select produces "streaming error" . i assume netflix has to park some data on my pc to stream films but is being denied access.

i have tried to troubleshoot by restting to an earlier restore point (auto restore point 1 week prior) but it wasnt early enough so nothing has changed. pc is virtually useless. i hope someone can help me with a simple fix. as far as i can see all my folders have administator privileges which i am logged in as only user. i have also tried to give my game access through controlled folder access function, to no avail.

no single programm since this issue has arisen is able to make any changes to my pc whatsoever.

please help

ps is frederik long still on this thread?

:)

sevn77, Mar 4, 2019

2. Not able to update Windows10 From 10240 to latest version

while update through the https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

we are facing the error code as 0xc1900208

kindly do the need full to resolve the issue ASAP

due to this issue i doesn't got any latest patches.

i tried below steps and no luck it doesn't work

Method 1

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

D. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Method 2

This issue might also occur due to corruption in Windows Update component files. I suggest you to reset Windows Update component. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.

• net stop bits

• net stop wuauserv

• net stop appidsvc

• net stop cryptsvc

• Rename the software distribution folders backup copies. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.

• Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

• Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

• Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.

• net start bits

• net start wuauserv

• net start appidsvc

• net start cryptsvc
    5. Restart your PC and check if it works this time when you try to update.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

Veera RajKumar, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Mar 4, 2019
  4. after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

latest windows10 update issues

Hi Kris,

It looks like the application that you are using is not compatible with the latest update. To help us identify the troubleshooting steps to solve the issue, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• What update have you recently installed? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Are you also getting an error message when starting the app? If yes, please provide a screenshot.
    • Have you tried reinstalling the app?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the compatibility troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help
    address issues with programs or applications that do not work properly with the latest versions of Windows 10.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

1. after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access - Similar Threads - latest update windows10

2. no access allowed after update to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no access allowed after update to folders: no access allowed after update to folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-access-allowed-after-update-to-folders/9c9442b8-c53f-4b6f-a8bb-2eca30ce1c01
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop battery wont charge after latest update: there was a mandatory update that came out a few days ago but i only installed it today. everything was fine and i left my laptop. when i came back to it in the evening i noticed that the battery keeps going down even though it's plugged in. it went down from 100% to 50% in...
  4. I need a letter writing programme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need a letter writing programme: I do not have a letter writing programme and need to write a letter today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-letter-writing-programme/1f523a1b-5805-4f06-a949-e67b8507ad8a
  5. Unable to log into computer after latest Windows10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to log into computer after latest Windows10 update.: Updated my computer a few days ago with the latest update for windows 10 which i have been running for a while. After updating which took around 12 hours (give or take) (let it run overnight) I went to try it out and I was unable to log in. Even changed my password with no...
  6. Wont boot after Windows10 update

Wont boot after Windows10 update: Started update today around 2pm, took about 5 hours to complete! Rebooted the laptop, now comes up with a blue screen saying a driver is corrupt or missing and wont boot any further. Only did the update because Microsoft might have fixed the issue with disk usage at...
  7. Allow write access to C:/ root

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow write access to C:/ root: Even though I am administrator on my PC, I do not have write access to C:/. (Win 10 Pro) Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know of a fix? Thanks 10905
  8. After latest windows update I have no write access to my data

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest windows update I have no write access to my data: Subject says all - I'm just about to restore from an image backup. AFAICT my user account has vanished from the ACLs for all folders I own. Sorry I won't be able to provide much diagnostics after the restore. Dave 69463
  9. Shutdown stopped working after the latest Windows10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown stopped working after the latest Windows10 automatic update: Start > Power > Shutdown did not anymore shutdown the PC I had to do reset and restart Window 10 again What can be done ? command mode shutdown ? 38175
  10. Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access

Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access: Hi Just tried to install the latest W10 as a boot with W7 on SSD , installation failed and now will not complete installation. Will not reboot and reinstall, and prevents access to the BIOS to change boot to CD? Any thoughts, suggestions or experience? Looking at...