Windows 10: After latest Win10 update, I can't resize my desktop icons/font

Discus and support After latest Win10 update, I can't resize my desktop icons/font in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on a Win10 64bit HP computer . I have some visual problems and had my desktop icons set to xtra large and the font to a larger size as well. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SusanH, Sep 4, 2019.

1. SusanH Win User

After latest Win10 update, I can't resize my desktop icons/font

I'm on a Win10 64bit HP computer . I have some visual problems and had my desktop icons set to xtra large and the font to a larger size as well.
    I recently received the latest update and my icons and fonts went to a smaller size.
    When I right click on the desktop and pick view, the largest I can make my icons now are large, not xtra large and I can't find a way to increase the font size.
    I did go into settings and clicked to increase font size there and picked the size I wanted, but it's not showing on my desktop!
    And I don't want to use that magnifier... it's horrid.

Thanks!! After latest Win10 update, I can't resize my desktop icons/font :)

:)

SusanH, Sep 4, 2019
  2. jtclh Win User

desktop font resize

I just replaced my LCD with LG 4k Ultra.

I would like to resize my desktop Icon and Font size on my desktop. I can change my desktop Icon bigger the way I want, but the problem I cannot change the display font under Icon, it very small cannot read.

I go to display look for Icon resize but I did not see it. only option to resize desktop Icon.

I got to Control Penal only see Font setting.

I need help how to make desktop Font under folder Icon bigger?

where can I find Font Resize in windows 10?

please help

jtclh, Sep 4, 2019
  3. bajkai Win User
    How to resize desktop icons and fonts in Windows 10?

How to resize desktop icons and fonts in Windows 10?

bajkai, Sep 4, 2019
  4. S WMARR Win User

Windows 10 desktop Icon resizing?

I found out how to resize desktop icons, see below ,

To change the desktop icons take the steps below:

· Right click on an empty area of the desktop

· Select ‘View’

From here we will have three options:

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

When you select the options listed above the icons will change based on the size selected.

S WMARR, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. After latest Win10 update, I can't resize my desktop icons/font - Similar Threads - latest Win10 update

2. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  3. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  4. How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?: Hopefully I can attach an image but the fonts on my desktop files, folders, etc. are smaller and have a shadow after todays update. Tried running thru the True type settings but no luck....
  5. How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?

How to change Desktop Fonts after latest update?: Hopefully I can attach an image but the fonts on my desktop files, folders, etc. are smaller and have a shadow after todays update. Tried running thru the True type settings but no luck....
  6. over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...

over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...: Why is microsoft putting out bad updates that effect so many people? Do they not try them out befor inflicting us with these updates? After my computor restarted this morning, most of my desktop icons for various folders, games, pdfs and links are gone. Not all but over half...
  7. over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...: Why is microsoft putting out bad updates that effect so many people? Do they not try them out befor inflicting us with these updates? After my computor restarted this morning, most of my desktop icons for various folders, games, pdfs and links are gone. Not all but over half...
  8. how do I resize the icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I resize the icons on my desktop?: how do I resize the icons on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-the-icons-on-my-desktop/eaaf63f0-6c53-4ac8-bc86-5216a82266ec
  9. Desktop Icon Resized Itself

Desktop Icon Resized Itself: How does the recycle bin icon suddenly resize itself on the desktop? It did on my Windows tablet. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-resized-itself/ab239c5e-11b9-40a7-af8a-08935f755e64
  10. Font on desktop icons

Font on desktop icons: I have just had an update and for some reason the font on desktop items are much less legible. I have spent lots of time following previous advice on this subject but am at a loss as none of the replies apply to the routes available on the display settings. Please help....