Windows 10: After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all

Discus and support After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The screen contantly flickers and the cursor wont stay where it's moved to - so I can't login and I can't click on the power option to get to safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindaN_09, Aug 10, 2018.

1. LindaN_09 Win User

After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all

The screen contantly flickers and the cursor wont stay where it's moved to - so I can't login and I can't click on the power option to get to safe mode. This is not the first time this has happed after a Windows update but in the past I've managed (with a lot of perseverance) to finally get the cursor where I want it to be so that I can login and then (eventually) restore to a previous point. Today I cannot login in at all - the cursor just flies around the screen of it's own accord and all the while the screen 'bubbles' & flickers

Moved from: Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

LindaN_09, Aug 10, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all scu-png.png

newtekie1, Aug 10, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all

1. After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all - Similar Threads - latest update 10th

2. I am unable to boot after the latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to boot after the latest windows 10 update: After choosing to install and shut down my laptop wont boot....It act like it has no power I don't get anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-boot-after-the-latest-windows-10/7fade826-ce03-4bc0-a02d-cb1c40f77dcd
  3. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !: Hello there ! I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem. So last August 2019, I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, but then was met with a strange occurance. I loaded up my desktop and it was empty, yet my background was still there....
  4. Cannot connect to 5G wifi after August 10th update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to 5G wifi after August 10th update: Just get a message that it cannot connect to the network. Non-5G networks connect fine. Seems to have happened with an update before from the posts. Another example of poor quality control....
  5. Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019: My PC has just updated itself to the latest Version of Windows 10 (automatic process). This has caused me a number of problems which I cannot fix, can someone advise please: All the apps on the start menu do not work, ie weather, calculator, windows store etc; When apps...
  6. August 2018 update (1809)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    August 2018 update (1809): Hi, after trying to install an update in 3DMark I discovered that I have somehow missed the August 2018 1809 update! Windows update is telling me I am up to date, but I am currently on version 1803. I ran the update troubleshooter and it did say that it had found and...
  7. Microsoft Store and all Apps for Win 10 not opening after August 2018 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and all Apps for Win 10 not opening after August 2018 updates: Microsoft Store and all Apps (Calculator, Skype, Photos, etc) will not open after the August 2018 updates were installed for Windows 10. I went through various recommendations on other threads but they did not work, and I narrowed it down to the folder permissions for...
  8. Screen lagging after August 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen lagging after August 2018 update: what problems are there with this August 2018 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-lagging-after-august-2018-update/3d13e16a-9f44-4167-8450-c55390e38d76
  9. After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After latest windows 10 update (10th August 2018) I am unable to use the computer at all: The screen contantly flickers and the cursor wont stay where it's moved to - so I can't login and I can't click on the power option to get to safe mode. This is not the first time this has happed after a Windows update but in the past I've managed (with a lot of perseverance)...
  10. This Week on Windows: August 10th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Windows: August 10th 2017: We hope you enjoyed today’s episode of This Week on Windows! Head over here to learn about the exciting changes coming to MINECON and what’s new to Office 365 in July, read our Windows 10 Tip on how you can see your 3D creations take life in Remix 3D, or, keep reading for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 update gettind file access security warning auvust 2018