Windows 10: After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created

Discus and support After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer does not get a print file and will not print.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BSimons, Jun 22, 2019.

1. BSimons Win User

After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created

Printer does not get a print file and will not print.

:)

BSimons, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2019
  3. after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2019
  4. MB NH Win User

Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

Have already done all of the steps suggested in that link.
    The problem only happens occasionally; maybe two or three times a day.
    Happening on several PC's, the only way to catch it before it goes to customers is the size of the file created.
    If it is 0 or 1kb, it's a blank document.
    Microsoft Print to pdf was working fine until about two weeks ago.
    Thank You

MB NH, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created - Similar Threads - latest update print

2. Printing problems after latest 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing problems after latest 11 update: Adobe photo software lightroom and Photoshop will only print top portion of photo on either canon pro 10 or canon TS9520 printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-latest-11-update/5899dfce-cfa7-4930-aafd-74089e81f76e
  3. Printing problems after latest 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing problems after latest 11 update: Adobe photo software lightroom and Photoshop will only print top portion of photo on either canon pro 10 or canon TS9520 printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-latest-11-update/5899dfce-cfa7-4930-aafd-74089e81f76e
  4. Bug in the latest windows update with printing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug in the latest windows update with printing: After the last windows update, when i print from an email, it condenses the print to the upper left corner of the paper. It is not a problem with the HP printer because when i print the same email from an Apple laptop, it works fine. Is Microsoft aware of this problem? How...
  5. Print Screen - Not working after latest Windows 10 Update

Print Screen - Not working after latest Windows 10 Update: I installed the latest Windows 10 updates 2 days ago. Ever since the PrintScreen key F12 is not activating the print screen. I also have a designated program "Screen Recorder" installed on my desktop PC and it also does not activate the print screen. Please help....
  6. Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309: After this update, I can now only print printer settings, not able to print from any apps. I can watch the file pass through the print queue but it just goes into the "ether". The printer is Brother HL4040CN and it is connected to my network via a GPSU21 print server. My...
  7. Unable to print after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print after latest Windows update: Curtailed printer access seems to be a common problem, from what I see on the forums. Here is my situation: Lenovo desktop running Windows 10; HP OfficeJet Pro 6968; all Lenovo operating software and drivers up-to-date as of today; all HP drivers up-to-date as of today....
  8. Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update

Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update: Since the update yesterday I am unable to print anything from a document on line. I'm still able to print documents that are on my computer. I've run a troubleshoot from Canon for my printer and there are no problems. Help please!...
  9. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update: After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed beforehand. They both contain quite a few folders and subfolders which at the bottom level are all empty. Can I safely delete these...
  10. Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it: Hi there Anybody got any idea what this folder is the application seems to be WPI ?? [img] I did an upgrade from the ISO at the Ms Bench site so the ISO is genuine Cheers jimbo 29994

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent update effecting printer