Windows 10: After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly

Discus and support After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, for some reason, when I updated my computer a couple days ago, my search bar closes after a few seconds and my settings app crashes after typing in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ToolkitGaming, Sep 17, 2021.

1. After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly

Hi, for some reason, when I updated my computer a couple days ago, my search bar closes after a few seconds and my settings app crashes after typing in it. I'm pretty sure it has to do with all Windows apps, but I don't know. Could someone help? This has been really annoying because I use my search bar all the time.

:)

ToolkitGaming, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 17, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly

1. After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly - Similar Threads - latest update KB5005565

2. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  3. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  4. Crash during latest Windows 10 update KB5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crash during latest Windows 10 update KB5005565: Dear all,I come to you on last resort ...I have an old acer laptop ASPRE 5742 ... core i3-380M - 6GB Ram - 500 GB SSD Crucial MX500. Windows 10 Familly - 21H1 - Build 19043.1052. Everything work on it, Not quickly but usable ;- ....I write this issue on it currently ... Until...
  5. Windows apps are not working properly after yesterday's latest Windows 10 update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps are not working properly after yesterday's latest Windows 10 update.: Hello, Yesterday after updates, Microsoft Store and all other Windows apps like photos, Groove, etc., are not working properly. It closes automatically after clicking on them. Tried resetting Microsoft apps through apps and functions, but nothing happened. I also tried to run...
  6. Search Bar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search Bar Not Working Properly: So yesterday one of my users told me their search bar wasn't working and kept giving error messages.Here's the messageI've tried running a repair, rebuilding the index, and other small fixes suggested online. Nothing seems to get that search bar to work. The issue being that...
  7. Search Bar in windows is not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar in windows is not working properly: There is blank screen on the search bar when I try to search anything in windows [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-in-windows-is-not-working-properly/ebe04da6-c964-45fc-8f46-68175e07173d
  8. Search Bar in windows is not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar in windows is not working properly: There is blank screen on the search bar when I try to search anything in windows [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-in-windows-is-not-working-properly/379b6b1b-1b9c-4ab8-9756-6d9acf961fd6
  9. After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.

in Cortana
    After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.: So as I said in a subject after update to version 19041.450 my search bar stopped working. When I type something it just closes. Same thing with a search bar in settings menu. Tried everything I could from the internet nothing helped so far. Those windows updates freaking...
  10. Windows 10 not working properly after the latest update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 not working properly after the latest update?: I updated my windows 10 yesterday, 31/08/2019, now my Microsoft edge deletes the email of yahoo whenever I click my email to read, and it automatically deletes the text in search bar or search engine also when I click on any app in task manager it automatically end tasks...