Windows 10: after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers.

Discus and support after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers. How can I fix this? Tried uninstalling then re-installing realtex audio drivers. There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by C&SWalters, Mar 11, 2020.

1. after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers.

after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers. How can I fix this? Tried uninstalling then re-installing realtex audio drivers. There is no yellow exclamation point beside driver when I open device manager. Updated audio drivers and nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions?

Thans

:)

C&SWalters, Mar 11, 2020

2. speakers sound garbeld

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 11, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers.

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers.

1. after latest windows 10 update no sound from speakers. - Similar Threads - latest update sound

2. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  3. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not working after latest Windows update: Lost all audio from speakers after the update, tried every method to gain audio back but im unable to. It works fine with bluetooth speakers.It has caused weird bugs, if I play the overwatch 2 beta with the no audio speakers the game hangs and freezes every second but works...
  4. Speakers not working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No sound from speakers after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from speakers after update: I have no sound from my speakers after updates. How do I fix this?I have tried the speakers on a different computer and they work. I have also tried another known good set of speakers on this computer and they do not work....
  6. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  7. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  8. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  9. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  10. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...