Windows 10: After latest windows update I have no write access to my data

Discus and support After latest windows update I have no write access to my data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Subject says all - I'm just about to restore from an image backup. AFAICT my user account has vanished from the ACLs for all folders I own. Sorry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Nov 9, 2016.

1. perdrix Win User

After latest windows update I have no write access to my data

Subject says all - I'm just about to restore from an image backup.

AFAICT my user account has vanished from the ACLs for all folders I own.

Sorry I won't be able to provide much diagnostics after the restore.

Dave

:)

perdrix, Nov 9, 2016
  2. rfmanning Win User

Don't have write access to library folders after upgrade to Win 10

I have gone to the security tab to change the properties multiple times. It keeps reverting back to read-only. There is no selection for inheritance. This means nothing.

rfmanning, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Don't have write access to library folders after upgrade to Win 10

I went to the folder properties and under the security tab I enabled inheritance. This solved all of my problems

Developer911, Nov 9, 2016
  4. perdrix Win User

Well, that was fun, the backup image was corrupt and wouldn't restore - luckily the backup s/w was able to mount the image as a drive, and I'm busy copying the data off it now.

Still puzzled and worried by what happened. Not sure if I dare run Windows Update again *Sad

Dave

perdrix, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

1. After latest windows update I have no write access to my data - Similar Threads - latest update write

2. Unable to access data after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access data after BIOS update: I recently updated my BIOS to resolve some issues I was having with my PC. The update seemed to resolve one problem but on logging in again I was prompted to enter my PIN. This in itself was unusual as I logged in with a local account previously, not my Windows account. On...
  3. Unable to access data after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access data after BIOS update: I recently updated my BIOS to resolve some issues I was having with my PC. The update seemed to resolve one problem but on logging in again I was prompted to enter my PIN. This in itself was unusual as I logged in with a local account previously, not my Windows account. On...
  4. Unable to access data after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest update deleted my Outlook data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update deleted my Outlook data?: The latest Windows update caused my Outlook data to disappear along with many icons on my main screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-deleted-my-outlook-data/8e627d9c-7785-4091-9107-f0f5c66817b8
  6. Latest update deleted my Outlook data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update deleted my Outlook data?: The latest Windows update caused my Outlook data to disappear along with many icons on my main screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-deleted-my-outlook-data/8e627d9c-7785-4091-9107-f0f5c66817b8
  7. Latest update deleted my Outlook data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  9. No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update: As of downloading the latest Windows 10 update today, I can’t get online. Opening Chrome, i’m met with “(homepage)’s server IP address could not be found.” I had done searching prior to coming here using my phone, being led to believe it is a DNS issue, but couldn’t find a...
  10. after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access: hi, my only pc is a dell laptop and i been running windows10 since i bought it 18 months ago. after last update a week ago, i noticed that 1) while playing my fave game (offline, stored on pc) that i suddenly cant save any games. (ërror saving game") . 2) when i used vuze...