Windows 10: After latest Windows update, msn.com keeps popping up in my default browser. Why?

Discus and support After latest Windows update, msn.com keeps popping up in my default browser. Why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is really bugging me. Mostly because I think the msn.com page is an utter crappy tabloid website that should be banished to the deeper parts of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hofftari, Oct 29, 2019.

1. After latest Windows update, msn.com keeps popping up in my default browser. Why?

So this is really bugging me. Mostly because I think the msn.com page is an utter crappy tabloid website that should be banished to the deeper parts of hell. But also because I don't like not having control over how my computer behaves.

Ever since the lastest Windows update my computer wants to enter this page, triggering my default browser (in my case Firefox) to start.

How can I find what's doing this and turn it off?

submitted by /u/hofftari
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hofftari, Oct 29, 2019

2. Default browser settings

Hi Jodi,

Incorrect browser settings is one of the possible reason why you're getting a pop up message it is not set. Kindly follow these steps to set Firefox as your default browser:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Scroll down and look for Web browser. In this case, the icon will say either Microsoft Edge or Choose your default browser.
    • Choose an app screen, select Firefox to set it as the default browser.
    • Close the windows to save your changes.
    • Then restart your PC.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Oct 30, 2019
  4. After latest Windows update, msn.com keeps popping up in my default browser. Why?

ADS KEEP PLAYING WITH SOUND IN MSN HOMEPAGE

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue confined to only MSN homepage?

• Which web browser are you using?
    If you are referring to IE, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies and check if it helps.

To clear Cookies

• Open IE, Go to Tools -> Internet options

• Under Browsing History, Click
      Delete.

• In the next pop-up window, Ensure Cookies check box is checked and click on Delete.
    To clear Cache

• Open IE, Press F12, then Ctrl + R

• A pop-up "Are you sure you want to clear browser cache" pops up

• Select Yes.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

After latest Windows update, msn.com keeps popping up in my default browser. Why?

1. After latest Windows update, msn.com keeps popping up in my default browser. Why? - Similar Threads - latest update msn

2. Why are my internet browsers not opening after the latest update on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my internet browsers not opening after the latest update on Windows 11?: After the latest update on my laptop, I cannot seem to open any browsers however I could access my files that are saved on my laptop but not the browsers...
  3. Why are my internet browsers not opening after the latest update on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my internet browsers not opening after the latest update on Windows 11?: After the latest update on my laptop, I cannot seem to open any browsers however I could access my files that are saved on my laptop but not the browsers...
  4. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  5. Action Centre keeps popping up by itself after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Centre keeps popping up by itself after latest update: Not sure what is happening to my Windows 10 right now, but it seems like after the latest update with Google Chrome, the system just went completely out of whack, and the action centre keeps popping up on its own no matter what I do. It is so annoying and made the PC not...
  6. Updater keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updater keeps popping up: This week the Windows Updater program began behaving differently. Now it does not automatically "update & restart". Instead it hangs waiting for user input. It wants the user to agree to allow it to close active programs. How do I get Updater to automatically close those...
  7. Event ID 129 popping up after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event ID 129 popping up after latest update: Hey all, hope you're doing well. I figured I would post here on reddit to see if anyone could help me out. I know I could use google to look up these things but each page says different things. Looking for a more solid answer. So I did the usual update on patch Tuesday,...
  8. Page Default error keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page Default error keeps popping up: Hello all, I’d like to first start off this problem with a bit of a back story.. Just as of Thursday(the day before i write this) i installed the new version of Windows 1903. Which a very cool upgrade. The first time i tried updating i got a BSOD so i retried with...
  9. Msn,com Picture.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msn,com Picture.: Not sure where to post this. I have taken three pictures of myself in settings account, using the camera. I had to do this to get another picture out of view/selection. Now I have my new picture + 2 on the side. The problem is that I logged out the in to msn.com, but it is...
  10. My default libraries keep popping back up

in Windows 10 Support
    My default libraries keep popping back up: My default libraries keep popping back up, after they've been deleted. Camera roll, pictures, saved pictures, music, videos - they won't die. Sure would like them to. How can I get that done? 13524

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msn.com keeps popping up every time i type

2. msn keeps popping up

3. since windows 10 version 1903 my browser write msn.com

4. win 10 msn popup after wakeup