Windows 10: After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.

Discus and support After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working. in Cortana to solve the problem; So as I said in a subject after update to version 19041.450 my search bar stopped working. When I type something it just closes. Same thing with a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JacobSortorious, Aug 13, 2020.

1. After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.

So as I said in a subject after update to version 19041.450 my search bar stopped working. When I type something it just closes. Same thing with a search bar in settings menu. Tried everything I could from the internet nothing helped so far. Those windows updates freaking suck. Every update there is a new issue and a good thing if its fixable. Im really tired of this ****. Also when I open any picture, photo app just goes blank and nothing happens. That appeared afer previous update I belive or after updating the photo app itself. Hope these problems got solutions that I haven't tried yet or I will just reinstall Windows again :

:)

JacobSortorious, Aug 13, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 13, 2020
  4. After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.

Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working.

1. After latest windows update search bar at desktop and in settings menu stopped working. - Similar Threads - latest update search

2. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  3. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  4. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  6. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  7. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly

in Cortana
    After latest Windows 10 update KB5005565, search bar and settings app not working properly: Hi, for some reason, when I updated my computer a couple days ago, my search bar closes after a few seconds and my settings app crashes after typing in it. I'm pretty sure it has to do with all Windows apps, but I don't know. Could someone help? This has been really annoying...
  9. Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Search bar and menu stop working after an hour or so: Hello,I'm having an issue that has become quite annoying. When I start my PC the menu and the searchbar in the taskbar work without any issues, however after some time has elapsed and the windows button, menu items and search bar become unusable. I can't type anything in the...
  10. Windows Start menu button not work post update and after roll back search bar stopped...

in Cortana
    Windows Start menu button not work post update and after roll back search bar stopped...: Hello. My girlfriends computer was really slow. Surrogate COM was taking up 100% disk space. We did the windows disk clean Right click C > Properties > Disk clean up and selected temporary internet files and thumbnails. This took care of Surrogate COM but then abunch of...