Windows 10: After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I...

Discus and support After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I was transferring files from my old laptop to my new one and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by QuintonJones3, Oct 9, 2019.

1. After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I...

After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I was transferring files from my old laptop to my new one and now both laptops is messed up

:)

QuintonJones3, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Oct 9, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I...

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I...

1. After linking my files to one drive they became read-only files and I cannot use them, I... - Similar Threads - linking files drive

2. Can I preview a Read-Only file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I preview a Read-Only file?: Read-Only files I only care about Word files for now cannot be viewed in the Preview Pane of my Windows 11 system. After opening the file, enabling Editing, and saving it, only then will the Preview Pane be able to view the file. While this functionality may serve as a...
  3. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  4. read-only files and how to change them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read-only files and how to change them: Hi,When I Insert my Sd card it is saying to format it. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files-and-how-to-change-them/d67c8904-3ed9-47a8-85ba-37776e9afedd
  5. read-only files and how to change them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    read-only files and how to change them: Hi,When I Insert my Sd card it is saying to format it. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files-and-how-to-change-them/d67c8904-3ed9-47a8-85ba-37776e9afedd
  6. What happened? All my files became read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened? All my files became read only: So ran my work computer, ran unity, I got a messagebox saying that I should move my project folder's to another place as it could be read only where it was. I thought it was odd, checked the project folder in explorer and sure enough, it was marked as read "read only" and...
  7. After I updated, all my files became Read-Only and won't change back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After I updated, all my files became Read-Only and won't change back.: I'm on Windows 10 home version 1909 build 18363.959 64-bit. I was trying to use my camera when it gave me an error code 0x80270200. I looked it up and found that my photo files were read only. I changed them back but they revert to read only no matter what I do. So I...
  8. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  9. Internal Hard Drives Became Read Only

Internal Hard Drives Became Read Only: I recently discovered that all files and folders have become read only on both my internal drives and i don't know why. Furthermore any attempt to change them back has no effect. I have tried changing the user permissions and ensuring i have admin privileges but none of this...
  10. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...