Windows 10: After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed

Discus and support After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, 1. I login with my local admin user 2. In the Account section of Settings I sing in with my microsoft account 3. I set PIN Sing-in option 4.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Krisztian__Kovacs, Nov 15, 2020.

1. After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed

Hi,
    1. I login with my local admin user
    2. In the Account section of Settings I sing in with my microsoft account
    3. I set PIN Sing-in option
    4. restart windows
    Windows not order pin after restart and don't accepted local admin pwd and online account pwd.

That is way my local admin user is unusable

I log in witn normal local user and I can use admin functions because i know admin pin when I use admin functionality like run as administrator, sys ask admin pin
    I created another local admin user, but I have lot of setting by original local admin user.

What can I do? I would like to login with my original local admin user.

:)

Krisztian__Kovacs, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

My admin account switched to a user account!

The first of the many diagrams in this thread show that the link Sign in with a local account instead is displayed for the account that is currently logged on and so the reversion procedure might work for this account. For normal circumstances, that would initiate the conversion back to a local account for the user account currently logged in - see my 23rd & 26th September 2016 posts in revert to local account from one converted to MSAccount. I have no way of knowing how Windows will react to an attempt to use this procedure for the Built-In Admin account and I do not know if that link Sign in with a local account instead will be displayed or not.

I think I side-stepped this issue by suggesting that that
    • An extra password-protected Admin level account is created, and
    • The Built-In Admin is disabled, and
    • The recovery attempt focuses on whichever existing user account remains active afterwards.

Personally, I would reinstall Windows 10 without even attempting this recovery. Installation takes very little effort once everything is backed up and the only necessary user interactions are right at the start & right at the end so it can be initiated before making a pot of tea. It took about 30, 60 & 90 minutes for each of my computers [the 30 minuter is 6 months old, the 60 minuter is 7 years old, 90 minuter is 12 years old].

Raner - I am trying to avoid sounding like I am nagging you into doing a clean install.
    • Once you have recovered the existing user account you can attempt to re-enable & remove the MSAccount link from your Built-In Admin if that link appears in Settings, Accounts.
    • Bree says it cannot be done and I think the same but I have never tried - I have never been able to get to Settings using the Built-In Admin because it cannot run any Windows 10 Apps so I do not know how it can be done [but the diagrams in Bree's link shows that those users got there].
    • Even though I have the safety of having created two spare password-protected Admin accounts I would not want to know that my Built-In Admin was sitting in the background but unable to help me if my other accounts were corrupted.

Denis

3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Riel Alc Win User

After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed

Need to reset the local admin account password using MS account login

Hi,

We don't have a way to reset your local Administrator account password. Since you can still log in using Microsoft account, we suggest
    creating a local user account in Windows 10. Once you're done,
    you can set a new password.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed

1. After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed - Similar Threads - local admin user

2. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  3. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  4. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  6. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  7. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. user account login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account login failed: i try to log into my laptop but could not login. i changed my password and still i cannot login please check to it to use my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-login-failed/292450a3-dafc-493b-bad9-e2572ab43a9c
  9. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  10. "Login with MS Account instead of .." Pin or Local login Failed what now?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Login with MS Account instead of .." Pin or Local login Failed what now?: I want to make use of the syncing across devices and to do that I need to log into Windows with my MS Account. I can log into MS account just fine but when it logs me in it asks for password one more time, and this fails to accept any known password to me and will not...