Windows 10: After locking Win10, can't login again without restart

Discus and support After locking Win10, can't login again without restart in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I normally lock my computer and login in back, it's been like that for years. But in the past few days, after locking the computer, the login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by insiboyMM, Feb 12, 2021.

1. insiboyMM Win User

After locking Win10, can't login again without restart

Hi,

I normally lock my computer and login in back, it's been like that for years. But in the past few days, after locking the computer, the login screen says "Please enter your signin information..." and there is a button that seems to hide the password field. Also the power button on the bottom is not visible. In fact, the only thing I can do is restart the computer from the case button so then I am able to login again. It's annoying as I usually don't restart my computer for months and now I do it a few times a days. The only thing I can think that changed recently is that I installed a new Razer keyboard and its software. Other than that no new software or configuration changes to windows.

Really hope someone here have the solution for this.

:)

insiboyMM, Feb 12, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

After locking Win10, can't login again without restart [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 12, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 12, 2021
  4. After locking Win10, can't login again without restart

little cat, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

After locking Win10, can't login again without restart

1. After locking Win10, can't login again without restart - Similar Threads - locking Win10 can't

2. Can't login without wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login without wifi: Hello,I have window 11. The past weekend I went out of town. When I tried to login to the computer it said it needed to have wifi. I couldn't connect to wifi because it was a new location. So I can't login because I dont have wifi, I can't get wifi because I cant login....
  3. Can't login without wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login without wifi: Hello,I have window 11. The past weekend I went out of town. When I tried to login to the computer it said it needed to have wifi. I couldn't connect to wifi because it was a new location. So I can't login because I dont have wifi, I can't get wifi because I cant login....
  4. Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart: Since I got this laptop ASUS Zephyrus G14 2021, I have been unable to log in without restarting the computer every time it falls asleep. When I try using the fingerprint sensor, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try to enter my PIN, it says "PIN isn't...
  5. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking: Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot...
  6. Win10 login broken again? !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 login broken again? !!!: Good morning, and yes it has been discussed and many sites claim to have solution tools. However I'd like an official microsoft solution since its their Win10 OEM distribution which produces errors and I need some closure. Every now and then attempting a login fails due...
  7. OOBE after login (again)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE after login (again): I‘ve posted this before but, this is kinda annoying, watching OOBE the most unwanted screen you want with „important“ setups, appearing in my face after logging into my user. And it happened multiple times. Even on Windows 10 1909, and still not fixed after the newest...
  8. After win10 update, cant login again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After win10 update, cant login again?: After an update my laptop stop working.i tried all option on window repair, no solution. I try to reinstall windows, didn't work. I spent 3 hrs on system restore, it only stop at 1% and nothing happened. Anybody with solution? Help please![ATTACH]...
  9. After win10 update, cant login again?

After win10 update, cant login again?: I have tried all options on window repair but to no avail. I cannot revert to previous window, i cant even reinstall window? Anybody with any solution?[ATTACH]...
  10. Restart direct after restart and again

Restart direct after restart and again: All recent updates installed , restart 3 times with no change in system, anyhow again asked for a restart all the time. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-direct-after-restart-and-again/c3d8067a-2d80-404a-ac61-5f836dcabc5f