Windows 10: After logging on screen flashes between desktop background picture and plain screen color.

Discus and support After logging on screen flashes between desktop background picture and plain screen color. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, this is driving me mad and and I just logged on to my laptop and the same thing is happening. I am running the latest preview version, 21213 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by squeezy, Feb 20, 2021.

1. squeezy Win User

After logging on screen flashes between desktop background picture and plain screen color.

Hi, this is driving me mad and and I just logged on to my laptop and the same thing is happening.

I am running the latest preview version, 21213 and all was OK and then it updated the .net and I think it started then.

It boots to safe mode OK

I have an admin user ID on this PC and it is the same, after logon it just flashes desktop to plain color quite fast.

All I can do is Ctrl Alt Del and log off

I tried the video driver etc etc . When in safe mode when I select Update it says it cannot show me anything. I tried the Update troubleshooter but that just drops out after a few seconds.

I have just started my other PC, a portable, and that is doing the same thing. It was working fine this morning.

Any ideas welcome, tearing my hair out now.

:)

squeezy, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Opening screen picture

Hi Sharon,

You can customize the settings of the lock screen and desktop screen background picture in the Pesonalization page of Settings. You can also change the profile picture that you're seeing on the log-in screen in the Accounts page of Settings. Just to clarify,
    are you referring to the desktop screen, the lock screen, or the profile picture of your user account?

To change the background picture of the lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Lock screen.
    • Under Choose your picture, you can select from the default list of photos or you can click on
      Browse if you want to select the photo that you want.

You can change the background picture of the desktop by following the same steps above but instead of choosing lock screen, select
    Background.

You can replace the profile picture of your user account by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Your info.
    • Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one to see choose the profile photo that you want.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 20, 2021
  4. After logging on screen flashes between desktop background picture and plain screen color.

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

After logging on screen flashes between desktop background picture and plain screen color.

1. After logging on screen flashes between desktop background picture and plain screen color. - Similar Threads - logging screen flashes

2. Flashing log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing log in screen: Please help. I tried to turn on my Windows laptop today and the login screen is continually flashing with a buffer icon. I am unable to do anything. I can't open Task Manager or restart it. I have the latest versions of all software installed....
  3. Flashing log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashing log in screen: Please help. I tried to turn on my Windows laptop today and the login screen is continually flashing with a buffer icon. I am unable to do anything. I can't open Task Manager or restart it. I have the latest versions of all software installed....
  4. Flashing log on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing log on screen: Hi I have had issues with a flashing log on screen on my Win10 2004 reinstalled Win10 last week from scratch to see if that helps but it hasn't. The screen is connected via either DVI-D or D SUB cables. I was using the built in graphics but decided to go for a dedicated...
  5. Start Up Screen Background Now Plain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Up Screen Background Now Plain: For some reason, I have lost any image on my Start screen. It is solid black or white depending on settings in the Personalization > Color menu. It has happened across platforms. I am running windows 10 and just updated the operating system. Any ideas???[IMG]...
  6. screen background color

screen background color: hello' I need help changing the back ground color on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-background-color/c502f009-3684-433a-b499-9867b6eb3faa
  7. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  8. Flashing color screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashing color screens: This seems to be an ongoing issue with Microsoft, isn't there a fix for these flashing colors,everyone has tried all the fixes suggested and nothing seems to fix the problem....how do we get this issue resolved?...
  9. 10041 flashing screen between desktop and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    10041 flashing screen between desktop and BSOD: I loaded 10041 over an 8.1 installation. No visible errors. Login was fine. As soon as the desktop starts to load, there is a flashing back and forth with the BSOD. The flashing to the BSOD occurs before any of the icons can load. (making the log files a challenge to get)...
  10. Can't log in. Flashing between lock screen & blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log in. Flashing between lock screen & blue screen: EDIT: I solved the issue. On the GitHub page for the program there was already a well-written tutorial on how to fix the issue. Heh. Well, I made a big mistake. I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 without a hitch an hour ago and kept all of my personal files and apps. I set up...