Windows 10: after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

Discus and support after login- blank screen with mouse pointer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years. 5 days ago, while issuing a print, Windows 10 desktop disappeared suddenly. I get a blank screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AvinashDeshpande, Feb 18, 2019.

1. after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years.

5 days ago, while issuing a print, Windows 10 desktop disappeared suddenly. I get a blank screen with mouse pointer.

No desktop, no task bar, no start menu.

I tried the following options (after reading online)

1. regedit to update shell
    2. start explorer through task manager
    3. change display settings
    4. use external display
    5. run safe mode
    6. repair installation
    7. last attempt was when I reinstalled windows 10

I still get the same problem.

What do I need to do?

:)

AvinashDeshpande, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

What about trying Windows Key + P? Normally it brings up this menu:

after login- blank screen with mouse pointer [​IMG]

Try Winkey+P then press Enter?
    Try Winkey+P, down arrow then Enter?

Ztruker, Feb 18, 2019
  3. beardo Win User

Wonder if anyone could help.

Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse pointer, no login screen, and no monitor error (ie there's a source at least).

I've tried booting in safe mode but I get the exact same problem. Also I've tried just typing in the password to see if the login screen has been moved to a non existent monitor, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas before I make a recovery USB to take to their house? I'd rather see if it could be fixed without having to scrub off all of their apps.

Thanks after login- blank screen with mouse pointer :)

beardo, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Sober0782 Win User

after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

I had the same problem it worked after updating the Bios to the latest version and has started normally every since I hope that helps

Sober0782, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

1. after login- blank screen with mouse pointer - Similar Threads - login blank screen

2. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  3. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  4. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  5. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  7. blank screen with pointer after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blank screen with pointer after signing in: i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too. i installed my drivers last...
  8. Blank Screen After Login, Pointer Still Visible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen After Login, Pointer Still Visible: Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I have been trying to help my sister fix her Windows 10 HP desktop computer. The computer may have been shutdown improperly, and an update may have been involved, and now it displays a persistent blank screen after she logs in....
  9. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  10. Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer: Wonder if anyone could help. Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop win 10 startup blank screen mouse pointer

2. my hp all in one has a black screen after i enter my login password just see the mouse pointer arrow