Windows 10: After login, cannot open anything and keyboard stops working...but only on my user profile

Discus and support After login, cannot open anything and keyboard stops working...but only on my user profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Admin user profile 1 everything works completely fine. All websites open, all files open, new files can be created, keyboard works in full.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenGreen1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. JenGreen1 Win User

After login, cannot open anything and keyboard stops working...but only on my user profile

On Admin user profile 1 everything works completely fine. All websites open, all files open, new files can be created, keyboard works in full. Everything is normal. When I switch accounts to Admin user profile 2, nothing works after login. The keyboard stops typing, apps cannot be opened, web browsers cannot be opened, nothing. I was, however, able to create a new MS Word doc, and name it by typing with the keyboard; but then I couldn't open it. Please help! Just set up my entire home office with this computer that worked fine yesterday!

:)

JenGreen1, Jul 19, 2019
  2. JP2016 Win User

Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Jul 19, 2019
  3. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 19, 2019
  4. After login, cannot open anything and keyboard stops working...but only on my user profile

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

After login, cannot open anything and keyboard stops working...but only on my user profile

1. After login, cannot open anything and keyboard stops working...but only on my user profile - Similar Threads - login cannot open

2. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...: As I said in the question I reset my pc from the settings deleting all files and once it was finished resetting, the pc asked me to sign into my user profile with no other options. Every-time I sign into my profile the pc says user profile service failed sign in as it cannot...
  3. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...: As I said in the question I reset my pc from the settings deleting all files and once it was finished resetting, the pc asked me to sign into my user profile with no other options. Every-time I sign into my profile the pc says user profile service failed sign in as it cannot...
  4. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  6. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  7. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

8. User profile unable to load after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile unable to load after login: I cannot enter through my system, when I try to login and it gives me an error "the user profile service failed to sign in, user profile cannot be loaded".I need some fix with this. Thanks....
  9. User profile unable to load after login

User profile unable to load after login: I cannot enter through my system, when I try to login and it gives me an error "the user profile service failed to sign in, user profile cannot be loaded".I need some fix with this. Thanks....
  10. User profile service stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile service stopped working: On one of my PCs I checked the reliability history and noted a message from earlier on about 'User profile service stopped working'. The machine seems fine and has been on and off a couple times since the message time with no seeiming ill effects. The message doesn't repeat...