Windows 10: After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system

Discus and support After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I got into trouble trying to figure out that "create an association in default programs." Whatever I did, the machine kept restarting so I just decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pxfragonard, Mar 20, 2020.

1. After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system

I got into trouble trying to figure out that "create an association in default programs." Whatever I did, the machine kept restarting so I just decided to restore from the morning's fresh image.

Now it's stuck. I've restored from Macrium quite a few times without incident. So... anyone know about this? Should I just kill it and take my chances?

PS: This is my Acer laptop, not the HP desktop.

:)

pxfragonard, Mar 20, 2020

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 20, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system

1. After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system - Similar Threads - Macrium restore Computer

2. System Restore Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck: Hello,About two weeks ago, I updated windows, and this resulted in my home screen blinking and me being unable to use my computer. As a result, I performed system restore, and that fixed my issue. However, the blinking happened again last week, I performed the system restore...
  3. System restore stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore stuck: After starting a system restore, I have been stuck for an hour. My PC is mid-low end. It might be norton causing it. Could you please help me?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck/2b41afc9-ba00-424b-bb10-5b3d3d2e9bb9
  4. system restore stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system restore stuck: system restore continues to load but will not end https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck/5c13ba7c-b71b-4996-8f35-7ff184ba8e72
  5. system restore stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore stuck: Hi I started a system restore but it is just hanging on restoring registry. It has been doing this for nearly 3hrs. please help thanks Val https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck/4ab32b0e-206a-4a6c-95e6-e05898a804e1
  6. System Restore is stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore is stuck: Windows 10 on a very recent Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series did an automatic update this morning. After that, programs kept crashing including parts of Control Panel. I've run System Restore to return everything to yesterday. However, System Restore has been running for two...
  7. Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck: Hello everybody. I really need your help. I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10 with 4 partitions on the main SSD HD.3 partition are "service" (recovery and such) the other is the "real one" (C:/) On september 20th, having to mess up with my system, I create an image of...
  8. Messed up system after macrium restore

Messed up system after macrium restore: I restored a macrium image but system is not what it shoud be, I have the "restore" partition (win 8.1) mapped as "D" drive and what used to be "D" drive is now "F". Any Idea? is it possible to fix this? Thanks! [img] 117955
  9. Macrium reflect system restore function?

Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  10. Macrium reflect system restore like function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium reflect system restore like function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698