Windows 10: After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone

Discus and support After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I decided to restore my desktop back on 1809 this morning using a Macrium backup image. I had been running 19H1 Insider Preview for a little over a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MattMcD488, Feb 7, 2019.

1. After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone

I decided to restore my desktop back on 1809 this morning using a Macrium backup image. I had been running 19H1 Insider Preview for a little over a month previously. After I finished the restore, my Start Menu was exactly as I'd left it, but after installing updates and rebooting, my pinned apps were empty except for Settings, Store, and Edge. I pinned everything again and rebooted for another update and it reverted back to the same 3 apps. I also can't customize which folders appear on Start or remove the all apps list.
    I think it might be because my User folder is on a second drive which the Macrium image didn't touch so I'm guessing there are probably some settings in my AppData folder from 19H1 that are incompatible. Is there any way to go about fixing this without creating a new user profile and trying to migrate everything or going back to 19H1 Insider Preview?

Thanks in advance

:)

MattMcD488, Feb 7, 2019

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Feb 7, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Merk Win User

After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone

Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I cannot pin that setting to the Start Menu, it does not appear on the Start Menu and "Unpin from Start Menu" causes the settings dialog to close. But Windows apparently thinks it is pinned to the Start Menu.

The Start Menu works perfectly but for this one issue. I am able to pin/unpin other apps and settings with no problem. So it appears the issue is limited to this one item. I have run System File Checker three times and no issues have been detected.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Merk, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone

1. After Macrium Restore, Start Menu Pins Gone - Similar Threads - Macrium Restore Start

2. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  3. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  4. windows start menu gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows start menu gone: how can i download a windows 10 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-gone/55fa09ed-190f-439e-804f-4a47a959971f
  5. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  7. Programs pinned to the start menu are gone from th emenu after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs pinned to the start menu are gone from th emenu after reboot: I have noticed on my windows 10 (up to date) desktop lately that any programs that I pin to the start menu are gone from the menu after reboot. I don't know for sure but I think this started recently after the October 2018 update. Does anyone know how to fix this PITA ?...
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. Start Menu Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Gone: I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why. Screenshot 33575
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...