Windows 10: After many years of Microsoft not allowing my 2003 Office97. Now will.

Discus and support After many years of Microsoft not allowing my 2003 Office97. Now will. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For years i had tried to install my 2003 copy of Microsoft Office97 and it was not allowed, i wanted to use Microsoft Word. Now i find i can install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by digitalcurisity, Dec 21, 2019.

1. After many years of Microsoft not allowing my 2003 Office97. Now will.

For years i had tried to install my 2003 copy of Microsoft Office97 and it was not allowed, i wanted to use Microsoft Word.

Now i find i can install it on my older win7 computers and also my Win 10 computers.

Anyone else notice they can install older copies of software?

:)

digitalcurisity, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

WIN10 and Office 2003 Pro

If your Office 2003 apps do not appear in the list, then you can use Option Two, step 3 from that tutorial and browse this PC to find them.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 - Option Two

3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Dec 21, 2019
  4. After many years of Microsoft not allowing my 2003 Office97. Now will.

Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Thanks for the info. Looks interesting; will give it a go.

Update: OK. Only just installed so I'm not too familiar with it but it's very similar to Frontpage 2003 but a tad awkward to use. My site uses a lot of images sequentially displayed. If I want to insert a new image I would simply highlight one, then copy & past, then overwrite the copied image with the one that I want. This also worked fine with Expression 4 for several copy/paste routines but then went a tad wrong, so I used undo BUT it didn't just delete the last step but went back several steps - haven't found a way to just undo the last step.

WightWalker, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

After many years of Microsoft not allowing my 2003 Office97. Now will.

1. After many years of Microsoft not allowing my 2003 Office97. Now will. - Similar Threads - many years Microsoft

2. Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...: How can I change back to Microsoft and get rid of google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-have-had-microsoft-for-many-years-and-in-the/5b4c07de-c6bc-405f-9acb-29cccb99d277
  3. Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...: How can I change back to Microsoft and get rid of google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-have-had-microsoft-for-many-years-and-in-the/5b4c07de-c6bc-405f-9acb-29cccb99d277
  4. Multiple BSOD for many years

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD for many years: OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking. So, how can...
  5. Microsoft Mahjong will not let me play. Ihave had this game for many years but now i am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong will not let me play. Ihave had this game for many years but now i am...: Microsoft Mahjong error code 0x803F8001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mahjong-will-not-let-me-play-ihave-had/75bffc2b-d9bb-4ad4-832f-509a5b5a19a1
  6. Microsoft Office 2003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office 2003: Very recently Microsoft seems to have denied access to Office 2003 which is installed on my Windows 10 computer. I have the current Office also on my computer but prefer to use the old version. How can I access it?...
  7. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...
  8. Microsoft 10 and Microsoft Links 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 and Microsoft Links 2003: I have enjoyed playing this Microsoft Links 2003 game for many years. Initially in Vista and then upgraded to Win 8 where I played it successfully. Since buying my new Dell Inspiron computer with a Win 10 operating system I am able to download the game but then when I try to...
  9. Microsoft Frontpage 2003 - Build10158

Microsoft Frontpage 2003 - Build10158: In previous builds this ancient & aged program worked with the exception of inserting hyperlinks but I can report that in this build (10158) all is working including hyperlinks. One less reason for me not to upgrade to Windows 10. 7657
  10. Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Microsoft Frontpage 2003: An old program which Microsoft states has compatibility issues, but it does work except when inserting a url link by trying to open a folder to select the destination. Frontpage is fully functional on Windows 8.1; I can't see Windows 10 being so different to cause a...