Windows 10: After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"?

Discus and support After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the March 12, 2019—KB4489899 (OS Build 17763.379) update my machine will not boot up because there's no keyboard or mouse found. Then it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave G Sawyer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"?

After the March 12, 2019—KB4489899 (OS Build 17763.379) update my machine will not boot up because there's no keyboard or mouse found. Then it goes into automatic repair mode - which is fine, I'd like to go back to a working version of Windows. But I cannot get past the "select your keyboard language" screen - because I need a keyboard or mouse! It's selected "US" but I cannot go on. I left it running 24 hrs in the hopes that there was some ultimate timeout, but it was still there. Multiple reboots always end up at the Automatic Repair "Select your language" blue screen.

I tried making a Windows Repair Disk on another machine, but my machine won't boot off it. It is old and does not have UEFI, just BIOS.

I don't want to re-image the machine because there's a lot of software that is licensed and activated years ago and who know where all the codes and keys are.

Thanks!

-Dave

:)

Dave G Sawyer, Mar 15, 2019

2. RENESAS USB 3.0 DRIVER NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MOUSE OR WIRELESS KEYBOARD

Hello Roger,

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if
    your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manger by clicking on
      Windows key + X
      and selecting Device manager
      from the list.
    • Expand the USB section.
    • Find the USB device.
    • Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the USB.
    • Right click USB driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"? nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 15, 2019
  4. After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"?

RENESAS USB 3.0 DRIVER NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MOUSE OR WIRELESS KEYBOARD

i've tried that and downloaded from dell website and did not work very frustrating

Roger Salazar, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"?

1. After March 12 update, USB drivers corrupt - any way past "Select your language"? - Similar Threads - March update USB

2. Corrupted usb drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted usb drivers: Hi Guys and Gals,I can't 'see' any USB devices on my laptop. When I go into Device Manager and check the USB tab, all items are shown with the useful but annoying little yellow triangle which shows that the drivers are corrupt. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  3. Corrupted usb drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted usb drivers: Hi Guys and Gals,I can't 'see' any USB devices on my laptop. When I go into Device Manager and check the USB tab, all items are shown with the useful but annoying little yellow triangle which shows that the drivers are corrupt. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  4. Corrupted usb drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there any way to force restart DirectX 12?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to force restart DirectX 12?: I'm experiencing an issue where DirectX 12 can essentially "shut off", meaning games will simply freeze if I try to launch them. The only cure is to restart the PC every time I want to play a game that uses DX12, but that's really annoying, especially since I use my PC to do...
  6. After March 11 and 12 Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After March 11 and 12 Windows 10 Updates: After the latest update my computer is no longer responding consistently from mouse and keyboard inputs. Various apps are not responding to the first mouse click, I have to click things more than once to get a response to the mouse action. Internet windows just completely...
  7. BSOD after March 12 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after March 12 Windows 10 update: I ran into the new and improved BSOD for Windows 10 for the very first time immediately after March 12, 2019 Win 10 update auto installed and I restarted my PC. Primarily getting two error codes; - 0xc000021a which seems to be consistent with a failed/bad update or...
  8. New Office March update version 16.23.19030902 for Mac - March 12

in Windows 10 News
    New Office March update version 16.23.19030902 for Mac - March 12: On March 12, 2019, we released the March feature update for Office for Mac. Release details Here's everything you need to know about this feature update. Released: March 12, 2019 Version: 16.23 (19030902) Platform: Mac Description: March feature update Features: What's...
  9. Windows 10 Update (March 12 2019) Video Driver Issues?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update (March 12 2019) Video Driver Issues?: It appears this update caused my video resolution on my multi-monitor setup to fail continuously. Every time I boot up the resolution is downgraded and I get a message about adjusting my resolution in the control panel. That could be tolerable but it also changes every time...
  10. Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?: Is this possible ? Ran both programs multiple times .. Ran cc cleaner to get rid of bad registry entries . Nothing is working . Used the media creator and burnt a USB stick . Is there a way to fix corruption with this ? The drive letter for the USB stick is L. Any assistance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt