Windows 10: after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working

Discus and support after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i am using Lenovo yoga 520, after updating latest windows update my active pen stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SultanAwate, Apr 5, 2020.

1. after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working

i am using Lenovo yoga 520, after updating latest windows update my active pen stopped working

:)

SultanAwate, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 touch screen: active pen works, finger does not

My touch screen stopped working following a Windows (10) update.

after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working PHgiy.png

Strangely, the active pen still works. A quick google search produces dozens of reports of this (finger touch stops working, but pen still works), primarily for Lenovo laptops. I've tried all the suggestions, including reverting the Windows update, and even reinstalling Windows.

If the active pen works, it can't be the hardware?

after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working j6MoD.png

I was trying to find a raw input stream from the device, in order to see if my fingers produce anything at all. Is that possible? I found a devcon.exe command line utility, but it's hard to download independently of a massive SDK, and appears to only show the same info that's in the device manager.

How do you view realtime data streams from input devices? I'd be curious about this for future reference, and seems like it would quickly determine why my laptop screen is ignorant.

Michael Lewis, Apr 5, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Active Pen

Hi Grantosaur1

The Lenovo 6 11" does not work with an active pen or smart stylus, according to Lenovo the LCD does not have a digitizer capable in supporting Active Pens

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2020
  4. after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working

Microsoft March 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes
    March 2020 Security Updates
    Release Date: March 10, 2020

The March 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
    • ChakraCore
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Azure DevOps
    • Windows Defender
    • Visual Studio
    • Open Source Software
    • Azure
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for
      more information.
    The following CVEs have additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200310

KB Article Applies To
    4538032 Visual Studio
    4538461 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4540123 Microsoft Exchange Server
    4540670 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016
    4540671 Internet Explorer
    4540673 Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server version 1809, Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server version 1809
    4540688 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4540694 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)
    4541500 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4541504 Windows Server 2008 (Security-only update)
    4541505 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)
    4541506 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4541509 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4541510 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working

1. after march 2020 update my lenovo active pen stopped working - Similar Threads - march 2020 update

2. Touchscreen now working on Lenovo 720 15ikb but active pen works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen now working on Lenovo 720 15ikb but active pen works: Hello on my 720 15ikb touchscreen is not working but acrive pen does. I already tryed deleting driver, restarting pc enable disableing it and upadting drivers noon of them worked, what should I do?...
  3. Touchscreen now working on Lenovo 720 15ikb but active pen works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen now working on Lenovo 720 15ikb but active pen works: Hello on my 720 15ikb touchscreen is not working but acrive pen does. I already tryed deleting driver, restarting pc enable disableing it and upadting drivers noon of them worked, what should I do?...
  4. Touchscreen now working on Lenovo 720 15ikb but active pen works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Lenovo Active Capacity Pen 1 is not Working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo Active Capacity Pen 1 is not Working on Windows 11: Hello,I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I got out my active pen 1 to use it and it doesn't work. I don't know what to do to even connect it. The battery is good. No visible issues. I can't find a good manual for it and I tried a bunch of drivers, but none of them...
  6. My Lenovo Active Capacity Pen 1 is not Working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Lenovo Active Capacity Pen 1 is not Working on Windows 11: Hello,I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I got out my active pen 1 to use it and it doesn't work. I don't know what to do to even connect it. The battery is good. No visible issues. I can't find a good manual for it and I tried a bunch of drivers, but none of them...
  7. Windows Updates March 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates March 2020: Are there plans to fix the UPDATE issues that I have read about? I am extending my 7-day WINDOWS UPDATE PAUSE on the 21st if I cannot find a solution. My update did a total HANG for hours so I stopped it and then paused the updates for this month. Thanks for any...
  8. Black screen after March 2020 update

Black screen after March 2020 update: My computer was beinf sluggish, tthen i noticed there was an uodate waiting, so I did an "update & restart". After restart, it asked me to sign up fir Microsoft settings as though I was a new customer and offered a spot to put in a Windows Key, or "skip for now". This is a...
  9. Not updating, and stopping mouse and pen working

Not updating, and stopping mouse and pen working: I bought a new Surface Pro 6 and it will not update, it asks every 3 days to update and restart. I allow it to do this and then it restarts and says can't install reverting back to previous settings. Then once it restarts and I can access windows, my mouse, and pen are...
  10. USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update

USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update: After an update my flash drive stopped working. It's a 32g Corsair Flash Voyager. The blue light continuously blinks when I insert it into the computer, but Device Manager says No media...