Windows 10: After May 2019 update Windows 10 PC hangs at the windows logo when booting up

Discus and support After May 2019 update Windows 10 PC hangs at the windows logo when booting up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the May 2019 update my PC displays the blue Windows 10 flag but does not have the loading circle underneath. It hangs every time I try to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alex26m30, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Alex26m30 Win User

After May 2019 update Windows 10 PC hangs at the windows logo when booting up

After the May 2019 update my PC displays the blue Windows 10 flag but does not have the loading circle underneath. It hangs every time I try to boot up from a cold start.. I have to press the reset button on the front of the PC and then it boots up as normal. It also starts normally if click restart from Windows.

If I press sleep, when the Pc wakes it just displays a blank screen, no mouse pointer and the keyboard does nothing.

I tried re-installing Windows, but as I was setting it up it automatically re-installed the updates and after 8 hours I'm back were I started

:)

Alex26m30, Jun 25, 2019
  2. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad After May 2019 update Windows 10 PC hangs at the windows logo when booting up :mad:

scevism, Jun 25, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. After May 2019 update Windows 10 PC hangs at the windows logo when booting up - Similar Threads - May 2019 update

2. Pc crashed and won’t boot up after windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashed and won’t boot up after windows logo: I was playing a game when suddenly my pc crashed with no response whatsoever, opening task manager didn’t work and when i tried turning it off it didn’t respond either. I had to turn off the power supply.After i turned it on again my pc wouldn’t load after the Windows logo, i...
  3. there is no logo windows when boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is no logo windows when boot up: Hi! my windows 11 computer doesn't show up with the windows 11 logo when I boot up. I'm sad because the thing I look forward to the most in Windows 11 is the Windows 11 logo...
  4. there is no logo windows when boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is no logo windows when boot up: Hi! my windows 11 computer doesn't show up with the windows 11 logo when I boot up. I'm sad because the thing I look forward to the most in Windows 11 is the Windows 11 logo...
  5. Windows hangs on Boot logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows hangs on Boot logo: Hi, I have a FUJITSU SH760. Recently I decided to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. However, when I tried to do so, the PC restarts and then hangs at the Windows 10 boot logo. I did things multiple times twice from merely upgrading and 5 times on a clean install. I tried many...
  6. windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up: i am a user windows 10 but whenever i start it by entering the login password the window keeps hanging again and again the start menu does not respond and "this pc" takes at least 20 seconds to open please tell a solution to my problem : : the windows is up to date it is not...
  7. May 2019 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Windows 10 Update: At start up, Tips for the update were on my screen. Where do I find them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-windows-10-update/0afc9357-6c27-4b57-8f34-ba392a3f47f9
  8. May 2019 update for windows 10

May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  9. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alex26m30