Windows 10: After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders...

Discus and support After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a standalone system running an up to date Windows 10 in a residential environment with no networking or sharing configured. The only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Admate, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Admate Win User

After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders...

I am using a standalone system running an up to date Windows 10 in a residential environment with no networking or sharing configured.

The only thing that changed was the installation of an automatic Windows 10 update

Prior to this there was never any problem deleting or any hint of any incongruity with permissions

In all relevant security tabs (every folder) I have only two users and both have Full Control: 1. Administrators (SYS-HP\Administrators), 2. User1 (SYS-HP\User1).

After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders citing Permissions as the cause.

Ways i have successfully circumvented the scenario (which are not suitable as long term solutions because the added steps/time force major inefficiency into and complicate workflow):

I can delete the folder if I enter into it, delete the video file, then back out one step

I can delete the folder if I 'switch user and log in as' Administrator

I can delete the folder if, while logged in as Administrator, I disable all inheritance, remove all ownership, then add back the same ownership & permissions then log back in as local user (Administrators group)

then as soon as I download a new video folder I cannot easily delete it and have to follow one of the three exception protocols above to accomplish deletion

All standard advice re permissions (taking and granting of ownership) has failed to rectify

taking ownership (manually and with the "Take Ownership" batch file that inserts into the right click menu)

granting ownership (from top down and bottom up)

registry clean

and every moderators or users advice from google and answers.microsoft forum entries

Any new advice before I format and reinstall OS would be appreciated.

:)

Admate, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Tintai Win User
    I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders...

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. After May 2019 Windows 10 Update file explorer will not allow deletion of some folders... - Similar Threads - May 2019 Update

2. May 2019 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Windows 10 Update: At start up, Tips for the update were on my screen. Where do I find them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-windows-10-update/0afc9357-6c27-4b57-8f34-ba392a3f47f9
  3. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  4. Windows Security after May 2019 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security after May 2019 update: I've noticed after the May 2019 update, I did not get any notifications from Windows Security and when I opened Windows Security, it just says "Security at a glance". I have tried services but it is set to automatic (delayed start). Is there a problem that caused this?...
  5. Sandbox broken in Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Sandbox broken in Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some Insiders: Microsoft has served up some important improvements to Windows 10 with the new Sandbox feature in May 2019 Update. Windows Sandbox is a new space in the latest version of Windows 10 for safely running untrusted executable files. Windows Sandbox offers users a containerized...
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update may not install on some AMD PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update may not install on some AMD PCs: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is finally here for production devices. While the rollout is happening in waves through Windows Update, anyone can still install the new version on their PCs with the Media Creation Tool. As reported recently, Windows 10 May 2019...
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked on some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked on some devices: If you’re trying to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) on a device running incompatible drivers and software, there’s a chance that the update won’t show up and Update Assistant will render a warning of incompatible software. The upgrade block could be placed...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  10. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices: Windows 10 May 2019 Update will begin rolling out to the compatible devices in late May 2019. Windows 10 version 1903 is currently only available to Windows Insiders, but the update for Windows 10 is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain configurations....