Windows 10: After Microsoft update, cannot read DVD drive

Discus and support After Microsoft update, cannot read DVD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After my computer updated, I can no longer access DVDs. I checked for updates. I uninstalled the driver and let Windows reinstall it. I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IrmaA1, Jan 12, 2021.

1. IrmaA1 Win User

After Microsoft update, cannot read DVD drive

After my computer updated, I can no longer access DVDs.
    I checked for updates.

I uninstalled the driver and let Windows reinstall it.

I used the option to Update the driver.

Restarting my computer after each change.

What do I need to do to have my computer access my DVD once again?

Thanks,
    Irma

Windows 10 Pro. Ver. 1909

:)

IrmaA1, Jan 12, 2021
  2. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

3. DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 12, 2021
  4. After Microsoft update, cannot read DVD drive

DVD drive not in Device Manager and will not read DVD Disks

the dvd drive is not listed in the Device Manager list and the drive it self will not read dvd disks

lutherammarell, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

After Microsoft update, cannot read DVD drive

1. After Microsoft update, cannot read DVD drive - Similar Threads - Microsoft update cannot

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD drive will not read my software DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD drive will not read my software DVD: I have upgraded my hardware and my TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-233C players will not read my software disc. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing both drives, but this has not worked. I have tried installing new drivers and this has not worked This is what the event manager is...
  6. The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs: Hi, My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly. A DVD RW E : drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to...
  7. dvd drive not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dvd drive not reading: i just restored pc drive letters changed now my dvd drive is not reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-reading/57a31ac9-2a07-4415-aa57-01aa5f4381ff
  8. The cd/dvd drive is able to read a mini cd but cannot read regular size dvd/cds

The cd/dvd drive is able to read a mini cd but cannot read regular size dvd/cds: The dvd/cd drive cannot play movies on regular size dvd/cds. It can read a mini cd/dvd. I think I have tried just about everything except uninstall and install the driver info because I don't know how. All the diagnostics said everything is fine. Is there anything else I can...
  9. DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read

DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read: My DVD drive was working fine yesterday it went into hibernate mode and upon logging back in the drive no longer showed in my drive list nor is it recognizing the DVD (I've tried multiple). I had several updates that I had been putting off so I allowed those but it did not...
  10. DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10

DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no Problems,When I push the button to open the cd/dvd drive it opens,but the disk does not spin every troubleshoot says there is no problem, , and the app associated with the disk just says "Please Insert Disk"... Under Explorer,...