Windows 10: After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network

Discus and support After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sir's, After a Microsoft Update on my Microsfot Surface Pro i get no internet while searching in device manager there was no network adapter. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LAMPROSANTIOCHOS, Jan 18, 2019.

1. After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network

Dear Sir's,

After a Microsoft Update on my Microsfot Surface Pro i get no internet while searching in device manager there was no network adapter.

I make a lot fo checks still i cannot find any network adapter or any netowrk drivers at all.

Please Update me with instructions.

:)

LAMPROSANTIOCHOS, Jan 18, 2019

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Network connection lost - but still there

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when network drivers are not updated.

I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 18, 2019
  4. After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network

Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network

1. After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update lost

2. Network adapter not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter not working after Windows update: I was watching Netflix a couple days ago and it suddenly stopped working with the error message that when I searched it, told me something probably needed updating like the Flash. So I restarted my computer and did the Windows update that had been waiting there. When the...
  3. Network adapter not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter not working after Windows update: I was watching Netflix a couple days ago and it suddenly stopped working with the error message that when I searched it, told me something probably needed updating like the Flash. So I restarted my computer and did the Windows update that had been waiting there. When the...
  4. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  5. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  6. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???

Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???: This morning I woke up and find out that my pc is not connecting to any network anymore. I tried several times to reconnect the 5g network that I've been using a long time ago. But every time it just says "Can't connect to this network". My laptops and phones have no problem...
  8. I lost Network

I lost Network: I have tried everything to try and get it back but I am on a HP pavilion 500-000 and it cant get internet unless a Ethernet cable is plugged in. I check in device manager and its not there just the ethernet device is there. I have a rt5390 device for network and checked In...
  9. Network adapter not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapter not working after update: When I used the "Restart now" button to apply the latest update, my network adapter straight up doesn't appear and I cannot connect to WiFi. I do not have the update that would normally be associated with network problems (KB4515384), but I need to know which update(s) I...
  10. Lost network after 1803 update

Lost network after 1803 update: I have 2 PCs on a network Both are Windows 10 pro with 1803 update. They both worked fine on the network before the update. I get this error message on both PCs. [img] 109467