Windows 10: After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working

Discus and support After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My computer recently performed an update on restart 19/9/20 and ever since then I have been undable to get it to play any sound. It was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnMerrick2, Sep 21, 2020.

1. After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working

Hi,

My computer recently performed an update on restart 19/9/20 and ever since then I have been undable to get it to play any sound. It was working perfectly before then. The comput shows that is proudcing the sound but nothing comes through my speakers. I have upated all the drivers as per the advice and still no sound. The speaker work as I check by plugging them into another device. Please can any one help.

:)

JohnMerrick2, Sep 21, 2020
  2. regan1985 Win User

sound stoped working

for some reason today my sound stoped working with no change to anything, i noticed when i plug in the jacks at the back nothing happends so reltek manager doesnt show anything connected. am i right in thinking theres a common problem with my mobo that teh sound overheats

regan1985, Sep 21, 2020
  3. CVHorie Win User
    Win10 update (9/10/19) hangs

Saltgrass

Thank you for your sensible suggestion, followed.

The only information I have about the update is the date it arrived, 8/9/19. I am unable to look at the update files.

CVHorie, Sep 21, 2020
  4. After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working

1. After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working - Similar Threads - Microsoft update sound

2. My pc stoped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc stoped working after update: Last night I wanted to put my computer to sleep but it kept waking up instantly after so I just made it shut down and it had an update so this morning I tried turning on my computer but it isn’t starting up it just says “your PC did not start correctly” I tried restarting it...
  3. 2/19/20 update stuck on 90%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2/19/20 update stuck on 90%: My computer said updates needed to install. After a whole day it was showing 90% do not turn off. I left and came back today with same screen. turned machine off 4x every time reboot comes back to 90% complete do not turn off on blue screen. What do I do????...
  4. Win10 update (9/10/19) hangs

Win10 update (9/10/19) hangs: Most updates work OK, but this one is not working. About 4 hours ago, I set the latest update to work, Update and restart. The PC switched off then back on. Since then the hard disk light has been flashing constantly, but the (two) screens remain blank. If I move the...
  5. USB-C port not working after Windows update 9/30/19

USB-C port not working after Windows update 9/30/19: Pre-update Monitor worked fine with USB-C port Post Update Monitor no longer sees USB-c connection to computer. Colleague's computer connected to same cable and monitor works fine - no issues Keyboard types super slowly with monitor plugged into USB-C,...
  6. Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19: After the windows 10 update in 9/17/19, my computer started having issues with my sound. My sound volume is stuck at 67% and if I try to make it quieter or louder, it will make my volume at 0. I tried going to the communications tab and making it so it does nothing. I’ve...
  7. i just updated on 9/14/19

i just updated on 9/14/19: i cannot access email, calendar, pictures, feedback to Microsoft. I can open the app store, but that has not been any help. I have the latest update (which seems to be the source of the problem) What do i do now????...
  8. Windows update 8/9/19

Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  9. Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Microsoft sandbox stoped working: i recently update to may update(1903) with update assistant. i enable Microsoft sandbox it even worked few times but suddenly stop working giving an error . failed to start. i tried to disable and enable again but nothing happens[ATTACH]...
  10. Bsutil.exe has stoped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsutil.exe has stoped working: Source bsutilcs Summary Stopped working Date ‎4/‎2/‎2019 8:40 AM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\2B0A9E79FAD39A5B70B6ADEA6D06A48018B0012D\bsutil.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01:...