Windows 10: After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen

Discus and support After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ditendra, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Ditendra Win User

After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen

Hello all,
    recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and then later after few seconds, minutes or too much clicking it goes back to normal and shows that what I was typing actually got typed. So basically it seems like computer screen freezes after monitor sleep wake up. I didn't have this problem before, it must be from recent updates probably. Anyone else having the same problem? This is my current build:

Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎2020-‎06-‎12OS build 19042.782Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

P.S. I was browsing Windows 10 feedback and I saw this very offensive post there. I know it doesn't have to do with my problem, but holy cow, how this is allowed there?

:)

Ditendra, Feb 2, 2021

2. Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

I don't see how that is possible. If the computer is awake, a video signal will be sent to the monitors keeping them awake. Monitors go to sleep X minutes after no longer receiving a signal.

Bill_Bright, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 sleep

I'd already tried using default power settings - no change.

As you suggested I created a test user account, that also fails to awake from sleep..

Thanks for your advice, any suggestions for next steps?

RichardPEdwards, Feb 2, 2021
  4. 4eyed mug Win User

Sleep problems awaking.

Installed the latest update Windows 10 on PC last week & Monitor doesn't wake from sleep. Monitor starts to wake but then appears 'DVI no signal' and monitor closes down. The PC sound as though it is waking. Maybe upon wake the PC is sending the vidio
    signal to the wrong port???

Any suggestions??

4eyed mug, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen - Similar Threads - monitor sleep awake

2. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  3. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  4. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  5. Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode until I click the mouse: Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen which is set for 3 minutes, everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and only thing that helps is a mouse click. It goes back to...
  6. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake": I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again....
  7. [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping

[BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping: Whenever I sleep my computer, there is a chance that I cannot wake it again. I open the computer lid and the power button lights up, but the screen is still dark. After a considerable length of time, the computer reboots itself. Here are the Mindmps files and MSinfo...
  8. my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

my pc awake after sleep or hibernation: Hello.I have two annoying problems about one year ago. 1)My laptop awake every day at 3:00 am!!!.I checked automatic maintenance and for sure i set at 12 noon and uncheck option '' allow to awake pc the spesific time''.But the problem...
  9. Laptop Colour Calibration Resetting After Sleep/Awake

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Colour Calibration Resetting After Sleep/Awake: Hi there, (Update: check the second post) I've got a ThinkPad W530 that I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Win 10, and soon after the upgrade did a reset. The problem is my colour calibration unit is doing its job but the calibration doesn't "stick" after a longer...
  10. Laptop frozen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop frozen after sleep mode: Acer predator running on Windows 10 , my doesn't wake up after it went it to sleep mode and it be come frozen after that ,any ideas guys ? Plz help thx a lot 46697

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Frozen how many minutes windows screen sleep