Windows 10: After motherboard and CPU change Windows key disappeared?

Discus and support After motherboard and CPU change Windows key disappeared? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there after I changed my mainboard and CPU today Windows says that I did not activate windows is there a solution? Nach Mainboard und CPU Wechsel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andre0815YF, Jun 13, 2020.

1. After motherboard and CPU change Windows key disappeared?

Hi there after I changed my mainboard and CPU today Windows says that I did not activate windows is there a solution?

:)

Andre0815YF, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Pro's license completely glitched out after changing motherboard and CPU

We appreciate your reply. For us to know more about the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you manage to deactivate Windows 10 Pro first before replacing your motherboard?
    • Do you still have the written copy of your product key?
    • Are you using the same hard disk where your Windows 10 Pro product key has been activated? If not, where is this hard disk?
    • Did you replace your hard disk along with your motherboard and CPU?
    • What is the edition of Windows activated on your computer? To know, press Windows + S. Type About, and click it.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you deactivate and uninstall your Windows 10 Pro license from your old motherboard and reinstall it back on your machine using the steps below:

Step 1: Check your your Windows 10 Pro product key using Windows Powershell or Command prompt. Follow the steps below and note down your product key:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (admin).
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and press Enter:
    • The product key will be revealed, copy the product key.

Step 2: Deactivate and uninstall the Windows 10 Pro Product Key from the old motherboard since it has your license. Follow the steps below:

• To know the Activation ID of your Windows installation. Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr.vbs /dlv and press Enter. This will display the detailed license information for the installed operating system.
    • A window will open up and will give you details about your Windows licensing and activation status. Look for
      Activation ID and note it down.
    • On the same command prompt window, type in slmgr /upk <your Activation ID> and press
      Enter. This uninstalls the product key of the current Windows edition. After a restart, the system will be in an Unlicensed state unless a new product key is installed.

Step 3: Activate your Windows 10 Pro to your machine after uninstalling it due to a hardware change, follow the steps below:

• Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr /ipk <Windows Product Key> and press Enter.
    • If the key is valid and applicable, the key is installed. If a key is already installed, it is silently replaced. If the key is invalid, an error is returned.
    • Open your Control Panel you will see Windows is activated message.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Haegely Win User
    Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

I bought a default Lenovo K450 a few years back that came with Windows 8 preinstalled. Well over the past few months I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, and moved too an SSD without much of a hassle since I was using the same motherboard and CPU. Well, I'm moving
    too a whole new upgrade and changing the case, motherboard, CPU, and adding a network card. My question is, once I've changed out all of the parts, will I need to reinstall Windows 8, or can I just install Windows 10 again like normal and follow the steps
    with customer support to establish the legitimacy of my previous Windows OS? I have the OEM and Product Key.

Haegely, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

After motherboard and CPU change Windows key disappeared?

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

After motherboard and CPU change Windows key disappeared?

1. After motherboard and CPU change Windows key disappeared? - Similar Threads - motherboard CPU change

2. Windows reactivation fails after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reactivation fails after motherboard and CPU change: I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 in 2018 linked to my Microsoft account. I have since changed my motherboard and, a few weeks later, CPU. After that last upgrade, Windows claims to not be activated and the activation fails 0x803FABBA. The troubleshooter claims the...
  3. Windows reactivation fails after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation fails after motherboard and CPU change: I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 in 2018 linked to my Microsoft account. I have since changed my motherboard and, a few weeks later, CPU. After that last upgrade, Windows claims to not be activated and the activation fails 0x803FABBA. The troubleshooter claims the...
  4. CPU and motherboard change?

CPU and motherboard change?: Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10? CPU und Mainboard wechsel?
  5. Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change

Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change: Hey, I recently upgraded my PC's motherboard and CPU, now windows is telling me to activate windows i bought a key somewhere between late 2017 to early 2018, whenever i try to troubleshoot in the settings, all i can select is my OLD motherboard device windows seems to see it...
  6. Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying to activate windows 10...
  7. Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU: I'm trying to reactivate my windows 10 with the "I recently changed hardware" option given in the troubleshooting menu, and my old PC DOES appear in the menu, but trying to select it just takes me to an empty window that says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  8. Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, but after doing so my Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I haven't done anything to my hard drive, other than hooking it up to the new CPU and Motherboard. I've tried re-entering my Windows Product Key, but it gives me an error....
  9. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  10. Windows won't reactivate after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows won't reactivate after changing motherboard and cpu: I just upgraded my PC, and windows deactivated itself. My windows key is linked to my microsoft account, and the original product key is probably long gone (it was a Windows 7 key from 5 years ago). I tried using the activation troubleshoot in settings. When I click "I...