Windows 10: After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory...

Discus and support After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi guys, yesterday I moved all my files from OneDrive to normal files. Ever since then all my Microsoft store apps say 'The specified path doesn't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AySwifty, Jun 30, 2020.

1. AySwifty Win User

After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory...

Hi guys, yesterday I moved all my files from OneDrive to normal files. Ever since then all my Microsoft store apps say 'The specified path doesn't exist" even though it does and I enabled perms for everyone on it. I went into the directory and could launch the apps directly from there but other than that i can't open them normally. I reinstalled the microsoft store and all the apps, tried repair, troubleshooter etc to no avail.

Any ideas?

:)

AySwifty, Jun 30, 2020

2. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

It's having trouble copying any of the files in the sub directories of frank. All the files directly under frank are properly backed up and the originals are properly edited.

The script runs using a foreach, looking for any file that ends with a specific extension, in the directory specified. It uses File::find to locate each file. The script first copies the file and adds "orig" to the extension name, for example the file is .origpy instead of .py. The original file is changed from read only to full write permissions. Then it is opened for reading, all is read into memory except the comments. The file is closed. The file is opened for writing. Everything from the file in memory is written to file. The file is closed, and changed back to read only.

This works great in Linux. I tried it in XP, its fine as well. just something about the directory structure on this server that wont let it work for the sub directories in frank.

Hybrid_theory, Jun 30, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jun 30, 2020
  4. hdjx Win User

After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory...

files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

Thema:

1. After moving all my files from OneDrive to normal files by changing file directory... - Similar Threads - moving files OneDrive

2. after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop": Hello!!one of my user's PC had blue screen of death, so then he had to enter the windows by safe mode, then moved the desktop files to onedrive.after he did that, all of the files became one file name"desktop". anyone know how to fix it?thank you!!...
  3. after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop": Hello!!one of my user's PC had blue screen of death, so then he had to enter the windows by safe mode, then moved the desktop files to onedrive.after he did that, all of the files became one file name"desktop". anyone know how to fix it?thank you!!...
  4. after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud: I basically just lost a ton of files, I reboot, gets a couple new prompts I click past - which I presumed was yet another update which is why I didn't bother to read it closely.Fortunately I just reinstalled and have a backup of most files, so I have a backup. But I did loose...
  6. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud: I basically just lost a ton of files, I reboot, gets a couple new prompts I click past - which I presumed was yet another update which is why I didn't bother to read it closely.Fortunately I just reinstalled and have a backup of most files, so I have a backup. But I did loose...
  7. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

8. Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive

Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive: After a buggy Windows update last month, my OS deleted itself. I had to reinstall Windows via USB and accepted OneDrive backup on setup. I didn't realize this would upload nearly all of my personal files to OneDrive. As I was trying to unlink my documents and pictures folders...
  9. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...
  10. Onedrive moving my files

Onedrive moving my files: I'm new to window and having trouble with onedrive. I've looked at the settings for Onedrive and can't figure out how to arrange what I want: Store my files locally Have Onedrive copy and back up my local files without interfering with...